Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 10:54 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I hate to second guess you Dave, you’re too nice a guy, but I THINK that Kevin Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic theatre, corner of The Cut, and Waterloo Road, not the National Theatre, on Upper Ground, South Bank, but they’re no more than 500 metres apart, so who’s arguing?
Keep out of trouble, and say Hi to Judy, Jean-F.
I wasn't sure what to call the theatre Spacey worked at Jean. I knew it was the Old Vic, but in some things I read, it was described as the National Theatre. On closer reading, I found out the National Theatre had been based there at one time, but not in recent years. My mistake. I used to walk by the Old Vic when I spent a lot of time in London back in the 70s. It is such an ordinary, unremarkable building. It's theatrical history is amazing, and I wish I had gone to see a play there.

Kevin Spacey did some remarkable work there, and was also involved in raising funds to help ensure the future financial well being of this historical theatre. This unselfish, thoughtful side of his character, makes his fall from grace especially sad for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events