Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 04:12 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,434,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The video of her being trapped underneath the MARTA is just awful, I was just in ATL on vacation and we even considered taking the train on our downtown day. But I just don't like having to sit my kids next to potential crazies. I just prefer to take my chances in my own car I suppose.
You've just highlighted the #1 unspoken reason for people not taking public transport. Being trapped in a vessel you can't get out of, with people whom you do not know, whom have not been screened or background-checked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 04:24 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Where in the heck were the men to pummel this guy while he was punching women and children?

`

Old 08-22-2018, 04:41 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,434,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Where in the heck were the men to pummel this guy while he was punching women and children?

`
Sadly, the law has made it clear that you can only act in self-defense. Acting in the defense of another not party to you is apparently too much for courts to process.

Most men are aware of this and no longer play "white knight" for women and children not related to them.

Sorry.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:58 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I hope they give him a psych evaluation. This brings back memories of Kendra Webdale being pushed off an N train platform in NYC in 1999, by a schizophrenic who was off his meds.
To this day I stand on the steps until the train pulls in because the first time we ever took a train, my mother made me paranoid to be anywhere near the edge of the platform. She actually told me people can get pushed onto the tracks, I think I was about 6!

Old 08-22-2018, 06:34 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:

`
Are you insinuating that women aren't capable of defending themselves?

Old 08-22-2018, 07:37 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The video of her being trapped underneath the MARTA is just awful, I was just in ATL on vacation and we even considered taking the train on our downtown day. But I just don't like having to sit my kids next to potential crazies. I just prefer to take my chances in my own car I suppose.

Did not see that video (link?) but the guy who did this should be shot... or at least be pushed in front of a moving train...

Old 08-22-2018, 08:28 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Sadly, the law has made it clear that you can only act in self-defense. Acting in the defense of another not party to you is apparently too much for courts to process.

Most men are aware of this and no longer play "white knight" for women and children not related to them.

Sorry.
Well if you are right, our society has beaten out all masculinity in this modern culture. Most real men would say "damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead". That is assuming they even hesitated long enough to think about it.
Rest assured if I were alone my instinct would be to disengage the attacker, the consequences be damned. Naturally if my family were with me, I'd be telling them to leave and call for help insuring their safety before getting involved in some situations. But if it were just some unarmed kook attacking people, I doubt I'd even think twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Are you insinuating that women aren't capable of defending themselves?
I am not insinuating anything, I am flat out saying it.

If they were armed with a weapon like mace they might be able to fend off a male attacker. However despite Hollywood's fantasy world of women kicking butt and taking names, most are physiologically incapable of disengaging a male assailant.
Sure leftists and feminist will claim otherwise, but rest assured most women are no match for an average man.
I'd go so far as to say I have seen many examples of it over the years with female cops/firemen who get paid to play the role, but are not up to the job when pure physical strength/leverage make the difference in life and death situations.

Regardless, this situation seems to be devoid of anyone willing to step in harms way to help the victims of this scumbags attack.

`

Old 08-22-2018, 09:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I hope they give him a psych evaluation. This brings back memories of Kendra Webdale being pushed off an N train platform in NYC in 1999, by a schizophrenic who was off his meds.
I was accosted by a schizophrenic off his meds as well. I almost had to kill him, but was able to talk him down. I hope the family heals quickly. Those are in fact horrific injuries as opposed the sometimes exaggerated headlines the media uses to get us to click.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Where in the heck were the men to pummel this guy while he was punching women and children? `
I accidentally repped you when I meant to quote you, so ignore it.
If I were a man, I would do just what everyone does nowadays... nothing.
That said, my heart goes out to these folks.
The bastard who did this should be as$-f{}cked to death regardless of 'mental capacity' 'cause I've sorta had enough.

Have a nice day .

Old 08-23-2018, 01:59 AM

765 posts, read 473,702 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Man is the cruelest animal. (Nietzsche)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events