Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 08:40 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
H

I would definitely Wonder out loud to myself, why in the world would a elderly disable woman move for a bus load of hostile irate passengers yelling at the top of theirs lungs at her. Somebody else was trying to persuade her to move using common decency for theirs handicapped elders which was the proper thing to do instead of using threats and curses. Try talking to your elders in a calm voice offering to move her pull along cart and assisting her in any other way necessary?
I'm willing to bet they calmly asked her to move in the beginning. After no such luck the person whipped out their phone and the rest of the passengers began to get irritated because of how selfish she was being. I'm willing to bet some of them saw her board the bus and knew she didn't need that seat more than the poor man in the wheelchair, which would also contribute to their irritation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 04:52 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
[/b]

Same can be said for your own intolerance.

Keep telling yourself its just arrogance.

Speaking of intolerance what exactly is it called to ignore a person in a wheelchair all because you don't want to get your "entitled jerkish" behind into another seat?

Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I think she had selective English because she said a few words pretty clear that she wasn't moving. She also had to tell the driver where she was going no?

We have to remember that riders in the bus saw her get on with her cart. I can't believe no one has found any comments from them especially since they were yelling at her. You'd think some would have seen the story all over.
Embarassment

Old 08-30-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Speaking of intolerance what exactly is it called to ignore a person in a wheelchair all because you don't want to get your "entitled jerkish" behind into another seat?
By appearences yes. It's a red flag of an unseen issue having nothing to do with entitlement or arrogance.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:38 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
No, you don't have to tell the driver where you're going. You just get on, and just before your stop, you press the button on the pole, or pull the chord, or whatever system the bus has that will notify the driver you're requesting the next stop. Usually there's a big digital sign in front that lights up with "stop requested" or something like that to let everyone else know the bus will stop and the next stop, and that they don't additionally have to push the button or touch the tape or pull the chord.

But yes, you're right, it seems she spoke a pretty fair amount of English to be saying "I don't care" to whoever was asking her in English to move.
So how do they charge? Same fare to ride where ever or do you buy a ticket somewhere? I honestly haven't ridden a bus since I was a teen so that's 40 years ago. Back then I believe we paid the driver according to where we went

My opinion is she's probably bi-lingual or knows enough basic English. You'd think she would have replied to the lady speaking Spanish to her.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
By appearences yes. It's a red flag of an unseen issue having nothing to do with entitlement or arrogance.

Oh her issues are loud and clear and are there for those who choose to not try and excuse her reprehensible behavior:

Pride
Entitlement
Jerk
Arrogance
Lack of decency

It's amazing how the older crowd gets a pass, yet if this were someone younger boy oh boy would you be singing a different tune.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Oh her issues are loud and clear and are there for those who choose to not try and excuse her reprehensible behavior:

Pride
Entitlement
Jerk
Arrogance
Lack of decency

It's amazing how the older crowd gets a pass, yet if this were someone younger boy oh boy would you be singing a different tune.

Would I? No.

I'd assume he had unseen issues or I'll rephrase it as what it more than likely is ; seen or unseen disabities.

Last edited by virgode; 08-30-2018 at 08:51 AM..

Old 08-30-2018, 08:02 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times
Quote:
Oh, if it had been a young person not giving up their seat, they would have probably been beat up by the mob on the bus.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Oh, if it had been a young person not giving up their seat, they would have probably been beat up by the mob on the bus.

That person would have also been raked over the coals here in this forum. But since she is older then it is fine what she did. I can't even take people seriously who have such a warped thought process.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:41 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Quote:
That person would have also been raked over the coals here in this forum. But since she is older then it is fine what she did. I can't even take people seriously who have such a warped thought process.

Hot right off of the press , it's common knowledge that younger people have superior physical skills and abilities than the elderly population , and justly would need to be judged much more harshly.

And I can't believe that so many of you are so naive that you don't even know that they have a (Door to Door) Para - Transit System that transports (Wheelchair bound ) passengers. My wife has a above the knee Amputation and sometimes pays the minimun fare and rides it. My wife also has Kaiser Permanente Medical Insurance that offers totally free transportation anywhere via taxis cabs (as long as it's for a medical appointment) the last time that my wife used it , she got a 40 mile taxis cab ride down to San Francisco.

Last edited by Howest2008; 08-31-2018 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events