Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:53 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerniy View Post
https://www.theroot.com/woman-who-li...d-k-1823325223

That's the case I am referring to. And, no, a case accusation resulting in a man being prosecuted is a lot more common than many like to believe. Their names get dragged through the mud and people automatically associate them as bad regardless, not just by the media but by others that know them IRL. Women like this deserve 15-20 years easy. Don't believe the feminist lies that men are raping women left and right and women are innocent angelic creatures.
Unfortunately, like so many who feel the need to malign women and pretend men are the real victims, you are wrong and simply buy narrative that fits your world view. Real stats show the truth. It is highly uncommon for a false allegation to be made and when it is, it is usually resolved quickly with no ill effect for a man. Women have so much more to fear from men than the other way around. I don't understand men who need to feel like victims and claim those evil women are out to get them. It seems to be mostly men who are too emotionally stunted to get women to spend time with them. Men with wives and daughters understand women are human beings, just like them. Most are good, a few are not.

Most men are good people who would never hurt a woman but the few who do tend to be prolific, so sexual assault is a common. The bias against women has led to massive underreporting of sexual assault. Times are changing, those men aren't going to get away with it anymore. I have so many wonderful men in my life and have never maligned them as a gender. The good men of the world are standing with women against sexual assault and it doesn't only happen to women, men are assaulted too. this crime will no longer be tolerated.

That woman accused "3 black males" no man was named or actually accused, it was a racist ploy from an obviously disturbed woman. The are no feminists running around claiming women are angels and men are raping left and right. Sexual assault is common and heavily under reported but it's still a very small percentage of men who commit this crime, most offenders continue to hurt women until they are caught and prosecuted.
A 2006 paper by Philip N.S. Rumney in the Cambridge Law Journal offers a review of studies of false reporting in the US, New Zealand and the UK.[5] Rumney draws two conclusions from his review of literature. First, the police continue to misapply the "no-crime" or "unfounding" criteria. Studies by Kelly et al. (2005[/b]), Lea et al. (2003), HMCPSI/HMIC (2002), Harris and Grace (1999), Smith (1989), and others found that police decisions to no-crime were frequently dubious and based entirely on the officer's personal judgment. Rumney notes that some officers seem to "have fixed views and expectations about how genuine rape victims should react to their victimization." He adds that "qualitative research also suggests that some officers continue to exhibit an unjustified scepticism of rape complainants, while others interpret such things as lack of evidence or complaint withdrawal as 'proof' of a false allegation."

Rumney's second conclusion is that it is impossible to "discern with any degree of certainty the actual rate of false allegations" because many of the studies of false allegations have adopted unreliable or untested research methodologies. He argues, for instance, that in addition to their small sample size, the studies by Maclean (1979) and Stewart (1981) used questionable criteria to judge an allegation to be false. MacLean deemed reports "false" if, for instance, the victim did not appear "dishevelled" and Stewart, in one instance, considered a case disproved, stating that "it was totally impossible to have removed her extremely tight undergarments from her extremely large body against her will".[16]

Last edited by detshen; 09-28-2018 at 11:39 AM..

Old 09-28-2018, 03:09 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I never blamed them, said they did anything wrong, or said that they deserved a crime being committed against them or their lives being turned upside-down. I just said it was a horrible idea. It's like going jogging at night along an unlit road in dark clothing. There's nothing wrong with it and there isn't the vulgarity element to it, but it's not the best of ideas. I don't know about you, but I generally go about life without exposing myself to unnecessary risk. I also don't care much for performing vulgar/classless acts or doing anything that my sexual partners may regret after the fact (I'd put taking turns with a woman in a bathroom at a house-party in both of those categories). I think that my advice for men as a matter of principle and self preservation was rather sound. /shrug
Then why not criticize the woman for wanting to do it in a bathroom with 2 guys? And then lying and calling it rape. Any time a guy has sex with any women it's a risk. You never know when she might decide to charge a guy with rape.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:10 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Just imagine how many lives have been ruined and never known because of false rape accusations.

In NJ, the maximum penalty for rape carries a max of 10 years for 2nd degree and 20 years for 1st degree.

She gets 1 year? That's still a travesty and injustice.
There must of have been some extenuating circumstances?

Old 09-28-2018, 03:11 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Unfortunately, like so many who feel the need to malign women and pretend men are the real victims, you are wrong and simply buy narrative that fits your world view. Real stats show the truth. It is highly uncommon for a false allegation to be made and when it is, it is usually resolved quickly with no ill effect for a man. Women have so much more to fear from men than the other way around. I don't understand men who need to feel like victims and claim those evil women are out to get them. It seems to be mostly men who are too emotionally stunted to get women to spend time with them. Men with wives and daughters understand women are human beings, just like them. Most are good, a few are not.

Most men are good people who would never hurt a woman but the few who do tend to be prolific, so sexual assault is a common. The bias against women has led to massive underreporting of sexual assault. Times are changing, those men aren't going to get away with it anymore. I have so many wonderful men in my life and have never maligned them as a gender. The good men of the world are standing with women against sexual assault and it doesn't only happen to women, men are assaulted too. this crime will no longer be tolerated.

That woman accused "3 black males" no man was named or actually accused, it was a racist ploy from an obviously disturbed woman. The are no feminists running around claiming women are angels and men are raping left and right. Sexual assault is common and heavily under reported but it's still a very small percentage of men who commit this crime, most offenders continue to hurt women until they are caught and prosecuted.
A 2006 paper by Philip N.S. Rumney in the Cambridge Law Journal offers a review of studies of false reporting in the US, New Zealand and the UK.[5] Rumney draws two conclusions from his review of literature. First, the police continue to misapply the "no-crime" or "unfounding" criteria. Studies by Kelly et al. (2005[/b]), Lea et al. (2003), HMCPSI/HMIC (2002), Harris and Grace (1999), Smith (1989), and others found that police decisions to no-crime were frequently dubious and based entirely on the officer's personal judgment. Rumney notes that some officers seem to "have fixed views and expectations about how genuine rape victims should react to their victimization." He adds that "qualitative research also suggests that some officers continue to exhibit an unjustified scepticism of rape complainants, while others interpret such things as lack of evidence or complaint withdrawal as 'proof' of a false allegation."

Rumney's second conclusion is that it is impossible to "discern with any degree of certainty the actual rate of false allegations" because many of the studies of false allegations have adopted unreliable or untested research methodologies. He argues, for instance, that in addition to their small sample size, the studies by Maclean (1979) and Stewart (1981) used questionable criteria to judge an allegation to be false. MacLean deemed reports "false" if, for instance, the victim did not appear "dishevelled" and Stewart, in one instance, considered a case disproved, stating that "it was totally impossible to have removed her extremely tight undergarments from her extremely large body against her will".[16]
The massive number of false reports of rape lead the police to dismiss many cases. They only have so much time and they see so many false reports. If we cut down on the false reporting then cops would be in a better position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events