Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 05:56 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times

Advertisements

This story is the gift that keeps on giving!Indictments expected, attorney(s) for the couple bowing out of representation; oh it just gets better and better.Said it before; when the going gets tough you don't want a criminal lawyer, you want a *CRIMINAL* lawyer. Keep bringing up SG; because egits like these two are the *exact* reasons why their are real life attorneys out there just like Mr. Goodman. Right now such a person is exactly what McClure, a receptionist, and D’Amico a carpenter so desperately need atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1elQfKLqNw

There are possibly a whole world of federal and or local charges these two could be hit with; and that is not even involving the IRS. When all is said and ton in terms of billable hours these to likely are going to run up a tab that easily reaches half or more of the money *stolen*. Then don't forget they (jointly or separately) still will likely have to make restitution to GoFundMe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 06:19 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
They don't have a pot to **** in; I'd like to see how they're gonna pay criminal attorneys. I guess this will be a case everyone will remember. Especially if they want to defraud people with go fund me. Bad idea. They should have put it into a separate account and not touched it

Old 09-11-2018, 06:47 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They don't have a pot to **** in; I'd like to see how they're gonna pay criminal attorneys. I guess this will be a case everyone will remember. Especially if they want to defraud people with go fund me. Bad idea. They should have put it into a separate account and not touched it
As stated earlier upthread, people have been setting up scams via a charity for ages now. Thing is there are laws in place (wire and mail fraud are two) that deal with such things.

Am not going into details, but if these two egits truly wanted to "make more money, and keep more of the money they made", there likely were ways from the start. But again that would have required consulting an attorney to find out how to set up the GFM page and how to "manage" Mr. Bobbitt.

These two didn't do the first and thought they had a patsy for the second. Turns out Mr. Bobbitt has more brains than the pair of them put together.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:53 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
It's New Jersey.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:07 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
I think people giving money to gofundme has gone too far. Unless it's someone I personally know, and can confirm have a tragedy happen or cancer, etc. It's better to donate directly to them, because gofundme takes a percentage. If it's a 20 year old that doesn't have a car and is trying to raise money, well go get a job like everyone else has had to do.
"ebegging" is here to stay, if you think GoFundMe is bad, just look at the so-called "professional" YouTubers that have Patreon accounts in addition to giving out their PayPal addresses for donations.

Hey, if people want to give their hard earned money to certain causes/charities go right ahead, but there's people out there living off SS or less, lonely (maybe the crazy cat lady!) who watches these YouTubers and feel some sort of connection and ends up sending these people money when they need the money themselves to survive, those are the people I feel sorry for.

I watch various RVs/vanlifers on YouTube that vlog their life, some young, some middle-aged, some retired, and most of the time they talk about wishing they had this or that and "woe is me" and sure enough people (viewers), probably the lonely cat lady, give them money and stuff all the time.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:29 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
It's New Jersey.
And? If you're gonna make a stupid comment, at least make a point.

Just as useless as "Trashy NJ couple" in the title. Doesn't matter where they're from.

Should we also say "It's Nevada," "It's Georgia," "It's Ohio," "It's Ontario," and "It's New York"? Source.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:54 PM

8,689 posts, read 11,076,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
"ebegging" is here to stay, if you think GoFundMe is bad, just look at the so-called "professional" YouTubers that have Patreon accounts in addition to giving out their PayPal addresses for donations.
I am willing to pay for quality content on YouTube. I’ll admit to pay a small monthly fee for some YouTubers $1-$2 a month via Patreon. Some people wonder why chord cutting is more & more common. It’s the overpaid cable and mainstream media is full of garbage not worth my bucks.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:08 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post

Hey, if people want to give their hard earned money to certain causes/charities go right ahead, but there's people out there living off SS or less, lonely (maybe the crazy cat lady!) who watches these YouTubers and feel some sort of connection and ends up sending these people money when they need the money themselves to survive, those are the people I feel sorry for.

I watch various RVs/vanlifers on YouTube that vlog their life, some young, some middle-aged, some retired, and most of the time they talk about wishing they had this or that and "woe is me" and sure enough people (viewers), probably the lonely cat lady, give them money and stuff all the time.

Many people use Patreon to support the work of artists and get stuff for it.

Or use it for sort of subscription based stuff. So it's not always giving money for you don't know what.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:57 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Yes, the first thing that comes to mind is that it sounds like a case of "obtaining property by false pretenses" on the part of the couple which would be a very serious crime, particularly with the amount of money involved. As they would be defrauding every single person who donated to them. But only a thorough investigation could determine the extent of what they could be criminally charged with. On the surface, it sure looks bad for them.
I want them prosecuted for fraud. Not a single dime belonged to them. They should have gone to an attorney and set up a proper trust account.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:45 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times
This story is so awesomely entertaining

You couldn’t make it up if you tried. I hope there’s some documentary on it eventually.

It sucks for the homeless addict but this story is wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events