Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
When did common sense and being a parent turn into the online crime of "perfect parent " crap i keep seeing.
When people stopped having compassion and understanding that even the most vigilant of parents are unable to watch their kids 100% of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 12:45 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
When people stopped having compassion and understanding that even the most vigilant of parents are unable to watch their kids 100% of the time.
Sure. This is what people don't get. A parent cannot watch their child 100% of the time. That's not humanly possible.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:46 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Don’t worry I have no doubt she will be charged. In 2018 we prosecute everything, accidents like this are definitely prosecutable. We have more people in prison than any other nation on earth because of our tend to prosecute every accident, act of bad judgment etc. We even have people in prison for urinating behind a bar.

I am not defending this woman’s stupidity, just asking why we need to lock her up? Is she dangerous? Evil? No she is guilty of deadly stupidity.

Remember now all her kids will likely be wards of the state, a burden to tax payers. She will cost 50k or more to keep her in prison. When she gets out she will be unemployable and in need of government services. This lock up everyone attitude is expensive for us taxpayers.

Prison should be for dangerous evil individuals. Predators, violent people and criminals belong there. Accidental killers are not evil or dangerous. Locking them up accomplishes nothing but cost taxpayers money.
I agree with this too.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:07 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree with this too.
I agree also having worked with special needs children and adults. It does seem that this was a case without evil intent. Perhaps this Mom should have had more services and training for her special needs daughter? Sounds more like an accident to me.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:55 AM

93 posts, read 92,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
https://abc7ny.com/11-year-old-dies-...on-li/4080213/

Headlines lacking additional information. Something very wrong here. Was this 11 year old a special needs girl? How many pre-teens don't know how to open a car door from inside? Does not matter if car was locked from outside with windows rolled up, or if it had child safety lock, it can still be opened from inside.

Mom forgot her older daughter? Hello, if she had younger children you would think she would want her older daughter inside helping her with her younger siblings? Did she have a fight with her Mom and refused to get out of the car? Very possible at that age.

While an 11 year old is still a child, she is definitely NOT a baby. Too much missing information. What I get from the headline is that "see you cannot trust pre-teens to be responsible for themselves".

ummm well i see how this could happen. back when i was 18 my adoptive parents took me on a roadtrip. i feel asleep in the backseat and they went inside to get food. when i woke up, i was BURNING, and for some odd reason i couldnt get out of the car at all or unlock it because the door wouldn't unlock when i tried to get out.

it was miserable but my adoptive parents came back in time before anything serious happened.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:52 AM

859 posts, read 704,987 times
Look at what you all discuss here and wonder about, it represents how lack of important details and info you have about this incident.
In anyway, If it were proved that this incident was an accident, I don't see it a good idea to charge the mom and and disperse her children. Because losing her daughter in this way will be the biggest punishment she could get, its effects might continue with her for whole life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events