Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:05 AM

211 posts, read 117,936 times

Advertisements

I almost feel like the regularity of these incidents make the public numb to the outrage we should all feel about these same incidents. I'm more than guilty myself to think "wow, what an idiot, I hope they get what's coming to them" and then I'm off to read another story. This one however made me take a step back and think, there was a 6-month old little girl sitting in a car, dad leaves and she's probably already scared, she wants her papa. Then the heat sets in and she's likely screaming, crying for someone to help, but no one comes. Eventually she's so hot the crying stops and she closes her eyes forever. Shoot man, just thinking about this happening almost breaks me. A baby was crying out in pain and no one in the world was there to save her, she died alone, in agony. The day her "father" sees freedom is a day too early, he killed her, he doesn't deserve freedom, ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 12:30 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,553,712 times
I’m not sure why he wouldn’t take his daughter with him. If he could have found some shade and had plenty of water, she would have been alright.

The air temperature was 90 and the heat index was 93. For an adult, that might not feel that hot, but I don’t know why he left a child alone for 2 hours.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:27 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
I’m not sure why he wouldn’t take his daughter with him. If he could have found some shade and had plenty of water, she would have been alright.

The air temperature was 90 and the heat index was 93. For an adult, that might not feel that hot, but I don’t know why he left a child alone for 2 hours.
Because he's an irresponsible jerk. And he's going to doing plenty of time in jail.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:47 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
I just feel the minute he walked away from the car he signed her death certificate. Was he in that much of a hurry to get to a baseball game he forgot his own baby? He wasn't going to work, he wasn't rushing to get somewhere important, he wasn't forgetting to drop her off at daycare (it was a weekend) he didn't think someone else had her.

There were none of the usual reasons we hear for which forgiveness might be given. I think one of the most fitting punishments if he is found guilty of child neglect of worse in a court of law is to never be allowed to be alone with any child, even his own kids if he has others our any future children he may have.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:56 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times
That show that used to be on a few years ago, What Would You Do?, did an experiment about what people would do if they walked by a car that seemed to have a crying baby in it. It's frightening how many people will just keep going!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSveKV8Tk3s

Old 08-30-2018, 09:14 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
I don’t think he forgot her at all. Left her in the car so he could watch the game undisturbed. This sack of sh*t should do major jail time.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:31 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Because he's an irresponsible jerk. And he's going to doing plenty of time in jail.
And they aren’t going to like him in there. The majority of men in prison miss their wives and children dearly. They also have pent up anger. This dipstick who probably thought she’d be cooler in the car, AND he would not have to deal with her is about to find out how stupid he is.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:29 AM

859 posts, read 705,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
The article doesn't say if he intentionally left the baby in the car or if he forgot she was there. He's probably going to say he forgot her, otherwise he could face much more serious charges. There's really no way to know for sure, but I hope he's not the type of parent to leave a toddler in a car in a parking lot intentionally, regardless of the weather. At twenty-two, he's old enough to know better, but that doesn't mean he does.
My heart goes out to this child's family.
It's mentioned in the First Line of the article:
Quote:
A Lodi father attending a youth baseball tournament forgot his 6-month-old daughter in the backseat of a car on a hot July afternoon, where she died, police say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
That's what I was wondering, if he left the baby intentionally so he didn't have to tend to her during the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This is what many people were wondering but of course we will never know.
In this case, there is a way _but it's NOT enough ALONE to accuse him or not_. People usually don't leave their cars windows open when they leave their cars for a long time. This is in general according to my observation. But I don't know about people in US. If so, what can we get of this?

If he tended to leave a child in the car intentionally in order not to have to tend to her during the game, then he would leave the car windows open or at least some of them. If he left all the car windows close, the possibility for "Forgetting his Child Theory" will be higher. Unless they find some obvious signs and strong motivations that refer to a crime. Because in the normal situation, what's the benefit/purpose of committing this behavior _on purpose_ to watch a baseball tournament while you do know that this behavior could highly explain as a crime that will lead you to prison. And this tournament will be the last tournament you attend.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:43 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times
[quote=Authentic Bird;53252944]It's mentioned in the First Line of the article:

In this case, there is a way _but it's NOT enough ALONE to accuse him or not_. People usually don't leave their cars windows open when they leave their cars for a long time. This is in general according to my observation. But I don't know about people in US. If so, what can we get of this?

Yes, but it doesn't say that he claimed that, although we can assume he did. Either way I missed it and stand corrected.

Old 10-02-2018, 02:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
It doesn't really matter what the article says. News reporters don't determine innocence or guilt, and the article was written when the investigation was barely underway. This was just sloppy reporting, which is pretty common in these small town papers.

This father was charged with felony child endangerment in August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events