Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 11:23 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,442,898 times

Advertisements

That child should be removed and never returned.

This is why we always keep the car doors locked when we go anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 12:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,507,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
at one point towards the end, the Mercedes' left front tire isn't even spinning

I'm wondering if it was hers or she borrowed it from somebody?
I saw that, it wasnt even smoking or falling apart!! Really the only reason she crashed was due to her driving errors, NOT the car being disabled in anyway.

I think its important to keep in mind, we only see the car chase, have not heard her side, I try not to jump to conclusions until I hear the whole story.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:06 PM

13,271 posts, read 8,387,833 times
Actions are what they are. I'll gladly review the image and conclude the actions of this driver were: driving at unsafe speeds. Running red lights and endangering a child. Don't need to await this drivers reasoning to factually review the actions.
My skepticism though is the white car. That sat there as though waiting for her to open the door and get in. That part is the messed up part. How was it carjacking? She wasn't driving..she walked around the car..calmly opened the door.
Only thing I cannot confirm is...was it a prop baby in a car seat or a real child? I would not be able to discern in all honesty.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:41 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,808,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Actions are what they are. I'll gladly review the image and conclude the actions of this driver were: driving at unsafe speeds. Running red lights and endangering a child. Don't need to await this drivers reasoning to factually review the actions.
My skepticism though is the white car. That sat there as though waiting for her to open the door and get in. That part is the messed up part. How was it carjacking? She wasn't driving..she walked around the car..calmly opened the door.
Only thing I cannot confirm is...was it a prop baby in a car seat or a real child? I would not be able to discern in all honesty.
Since the incident happened on June 16, I would guess it has been determined that is a real baby and not a prop.

She's still in jail on the charges, and her child has been taken "into care", according to the article.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:48 PM

40,935 posts, read 49,009,997 times
Apparently the kid was strapped in well. Such a good mom.

Texas women sure know how to drive.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:30 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,277,256 times
The level of judgement needed to execute so many abberant actions, in succession, makes this one of the rare cases where long term state care for her child is at least ...not worse...

...unless there's some Jane Bourne stuff we don't know about...

Old 09-04-2018, 03:35 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,038,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
The level of judgement needed to execute so many abberant actions, in succession, makes this one of the rare cases where long term state care for her child is at least ...not worse...

...unless there's some Jane Bourne stuff we don't know about...
Maybe this mother is the real Sarah Connor and she was protecting John Connor. Judgement Day is coming...

Old 09-04-2018, 03:50 AM

16,174 posts, read 10,314,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I saw that, it wasnt even smoking or falling apart!! Really the only reason she crashed was due to her driving errors, NOT the car being disabled in anyway.
You don't consider a moving car with the left wheel locked in placed disabled in any way? Interesting theory.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,507,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You don't consider a moving car with the left wheel locked in placed disabled in any way? Interesting theory.
Well if you watch the video the driver side front wheel blows out when hits the spike strip with that side of the car, and even though at one point, the front wheel was not even turning, yet she was still able to maneuver and control the car very well.

It wasnt the condition of the car that led to the crash either, if that car had not been in her way, I believe she would have probably made that right turn and kept going.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:28 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,277,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Maybe this mother is the real Sarah Connor and she was protecting John Connor. Judgement Day is coming...
Y'know... I shouldn't be surprised if this is actually true...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events