Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 02:31 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I have paid attention to what appears to be the most reliable source available. I'm not going to argue this with you, where are your sources that backup your claims? I've read nothing about her being denied bail, what is your source for that? This is the closest I found:

And it does not say she was denied bail, it said that she couldn't make bail. Apparently her mother subsequently offered to post bail and she declined the offer, that could be because she felt like she had caused this to happen and that it wasn't right for her mother to have to pay for it.
You can look it up Sleepy. I read several different articles. A couple said "denied bail".
That's part of what I'm saying, read 4 different articles get 4 different versions. The first article said she told her mother not to post bail, one said couldn't make bail others said denied bail.
Again, my kid, drug addiction, prone to seizures, be dammed if I leave them there 4 days over 2K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 02:44 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Funny how nothing comes up under a simple Google search using the words, "Kelly Coltrain denied bail." If those articles were out there, they'd be on the first page of the search results.

Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
I can't believe the excuses being made in this case.

Forget the bail. The woman was SICK. Not only was she not tended to as she should have been, by staff within whose purview it was to do so, she was also told to clean up her own vomit.

That is the issue.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:18 PM

42,846 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You and 2sleepy are really getting riled up over this. If you would try to look at it more objectively you would realize I'm not defending them. I'm not crucifying them either. I'm asking questions and making points. I honestly dont believe anyone unless its their explicit job knows the details of every policy in their workplace. I'd also bet that often resources aren't available to carry out much of the written policy in many places, especially government entities.

I'm sure the staff were negligent, they should have been more attentive and taken her more seriously. I dont think their actions were malicious. I still dont understand why she was in jail 4 days over unpaid traffic violations with no bail.
You keep asking questions that you could find answers to all by yourself. Regarding your question about why was she in jail 4 days with no bail, she didn't have the $1750 to post bail and she told her mother not to post bail for her. How many times do I have to repeat that? Maybe you should read the lawsuit, it should answer all of your questions, I've posted the link twice, but here it is again, just scroll down the page and you will see it:

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...UT0yaba0hg6qJ/

Old 09-17-2018, 10:22 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,187,868 times
C'mon, you 2.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:48 PM

88 posts, read 85,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Truthfully, all they had to do is follow policy of doing welfare checks. (Which I guess they did, actually. They did seem to come in and kick at her to see if she was still alive, and made her attempt to mop up her continuing vomit. Maybe the guards are too dumb to know what the required welfare checks are for - so you can react when a prisoner is in clear medical distress). A prisoner who has been there for 3 days, hasn't eaten, hasn't gotten out of bed, is vomiting bile, requires medical attention. And their policy agrees, and the guards either willfully or due to lack of training violated the policies that would have saved her life.
You misaimed your blame at my comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events