U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,746,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Like this cheerleader, who I think was likely the actual bully in this situation. We don't know the past history. It seems unlikely a fat girl would be the first to start a war with a cheerleader.
It appears to be two groups with a past history of rivalry, not just the two girls. And it was the cheerleader who kept saying she didn't want to fight, but the other girl kept pushing it. So no I don't think she was the bully in this instance.
Why are people making this about race, never really seen the intense rivalry that can go on between various competitive teams of any color? They even make cheesy movies and TV shows about this kind of nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 07:19 PM

5,163 posts, read 2,064,361 times
I remember my daughter was catching flack from a gangsta girl at school and one day the aspiring punk grabbed her ponytail and yanked. She got an elbow on the chin and her head bounced off a locker when my daughter followed through with a hard right. My daughter at the time was capable of swimming several hundred yards UP the local river. There was a big stink about it at school, the wenchs parents threatening to sue yadda yadda. At the time no one realized just how powerful she was, including me.

My daughter or her sister never had a single problem with anyone after that.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:28 AM

10,123 posts, read 5,561,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It appears to be two groups with a past history of rivalry, not just the two girls. And it was the cheerleader who kept saying she didn't want to fight, but the other girl kept pushing it. So no I don't think she was the bully in this instance.
Why are people making this about race, never really seen the intense rivalry that can go on between various competitive teams of any color? They even make cheesy movies and TV shows about this kind of nonsense.
Yeah I don't see any way someone can claim the cheerleader was the bully. Based on what? Regardless of past history it was really clear who was the bully.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:25 AM

7,435 posts, read 15,640,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Because we are too accomodating and tolerant of others, no other race is as accomodating or torerant than white people. .
L. Frank Baum, who wrote the Wizard of Oz, espousing a pretty common view for his time:

Quote:
The proud spirit of the original owners of these vast prairies inherited through centuries of fierce and bloody wars for their possession, lingered last in the bosom of Sitting Bull. With his fall the nobility of the Redskin is extinguished, and what few are left are a pack of whining curs who lick the hand that smites them. The Whites, by law of conquest, by justice of civilization, are masters of the American continent, and the best safety of the frontier settlements will be secured by the total annihilation of the few remaining Indians. Why not annihilation? Their glory has fled, their spirit broken, their manhood effaced; better that they die than live the miserable wretches that they are.

Sounds pretty tolerant to me, eh?

Old 09-18-2018, 11:35 AM

1,671 posts, read 351,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post

Sounds pretty tolerant to me, eh?
So one man's quote means ALL white people think the same?

Look at all the countries with the most diversity....they are originally/predominately white.
Countries that are the most closed off to others are non-white.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:58 AM

9,657 posts, read 7,835,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
If someone punches you and you hit them back, that's trashy? Methinks you're misunderstanding something here. Self-defense, dear gardener, self-defense and self-respect.
I prefer displaying my "self respect" in court by suing anyone who hits me in the wallet.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:37 AM

1,449 posts, read 378,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I remember my daughter was catching flack from a gangsta girl at school and one day the aspiring punk grabbed her ponytail and yanked. She got an elbow on the chin and her head bounced off a locker when my daughter followed through with a hard right. My daughter at the time was capable of swimming several hundred yards UP the local river. There was a big stink about it at school, the wenchs parents threatening to sue yadda yadda. At the time no one realized just how powerful she was, including me.

My daughter or her sister never had a single problem with anyone after that.
I can't stand when parents defend knucklehead kids that deserve what they got. I had no problems in H.S. because I was tall muscular and everyone knew I trained in Martial Arts previously because the Dojo was nearby.

I stopped at Red Belt so I would not have legal issues when defending myself.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM

344 posts, read 75,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Because we are too accomodating and tolerant of others, no other race is as accomodating or torerant than white people. We built everything and yet get blamed for everything...we are all too willing to share what we built and have...right up until others get too brazen and start demanding and terrorizing us...just like the video of the cheerleader getting bullied, she was only willing to take so much.

White people are some of the most reserved people on the planet, which gives others a false sense of superiority. They mistake indifference as weakness, but when it comes down to it and we're pushed too far, we are far more capable of defending ourselves than anyone realizes.

Not too many people are willing to speak this truth...we have allowed society to silence us...but not for much longer.

Well said. Fortunately many whites are waking up and speaking out and it's about time. Still a big problem has been weak minded whites that have been spoon fed white guilt since birth and hate their own race. Our public school system doesn't help. Racist government endorsed programs like AA and quotas need to be abolished. And the media can't wait to jump on racial incidents when whites are involved finding them guilty even before a trail. Obama surely didn't help race relations.

The girl defended herself well.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 02-07-2019 at 12:48 PM..

Old 02-07-2019, 12:59 PM

13,964 posts, read 12,715,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Did you watch the video? The fat girl clearly sucker punches the other girl and proceeded to get owned. A sucker punch is something a bully does.
No, that is just assault.

Bullying can include assault, but it is not just assault alone.

Bullying is a combination of things like mocking, embarrassment, intimidation, social ostracizing, etc, over a prolonged period of time, and the victim cannot reasonable avoid it due to for example being in school, work, etc. Such actions can lead to assault, but often it is just plain psychological trauma.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 PM

13,964 posts, read 12,715,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I can't stand when parents defend knucklehead kids that deserve what they got. I had no problems in H.S. because I was tall muscular and everyone knew I trained in Martial Arts previously because the Dojo was nearby.

I stopped at Red Belt so I would not have legal issues when defending myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or