Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 02:29 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is what the really expensive sex dolls/robots are like today, they are advertised for sexual purposes, but they are essentially a bipedal android that can perform other tasks as well, they can move around, talk, walk, etc.
If this is real, why are college students still having contests to try to make a working robot that can walk, use tools, etc. And looks nothing like a real human. I'd like to see a link to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 03:42 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Give sex doll technology time and the cons will be solved.
(The "how big you are" is the easiest. That goes back to
the pull-string See and Say toys. Now it can be accomplished
with a million flattering phrases on a silicon chip).

The type of man who would want a sex doll is the
type that would also be a wife abuser: a man with a
fragile ego that can't handle negative feedback.
I don't think that's the case for all. There are a LOT of men who can't get women, for whatever reasons, whether a handicap, looks, or poor social skills, and would choose to have something like this.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think that's the case for all. There are a LOT of men who can't get women, for whatever reasons, whether a handicap, looks, or poor social skills, and would choose to have something like this.
I completely agree.

And if the sanitation part can be worked out, it seems very odd that any municipality would have any right at all to tell an adult what they can do with a plastic doll in private.

Sheesh. Talk about Nanny State.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:00 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post

The type of man who would want a sex doll is the
type that would also be a wife abuser: a man with a
fragile ego that can't handle negative feedback.

You state this like it's a fact. Can you share with us your intimate knowledge? How many men have you known who have had sex with a love doll? Is there some scientific study on this topic? Or are you projecting?

Old 09-18-2018, 04:27 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
i think there is probably, most likely, some abnormal psychological thing going on with someone who uses a sex doll, and for those that use them like they are a real friend, like that movie "lars and the real girl" as an example. there is something not "normal" (and i use that word normal loosely because really what is "normal"? but i think you know what i mean when i use it here in this context) about treating a doll as if she were a real person and having sex with a lifelike robot type doll.

it is similar to women who have those lifelike babies that they dress, take on walks in strollers, hold and generally care for them as if they are real babies. there is something going on there in their psyche.

they may not really be hurting anyone with these dolls, but there is something not normal about this behavior. some have lost a child, some can never birth a child, some can't have a child for mental illness reasons, etc. but it is the same type of thing. some can't form relationships with real people, can't have sex with real people for whatever reason, mental illness, social anxiety, fear, loss of a loved significant other. the various reasons are endless.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:31 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i think there is probably, most likely, some abnormal psychological thing going on with someone who uses a sex doll, and for those that use them like they are a real friend, like that movie "lars and the real girl" as an example. there is something not "normal" (and i use that word normal loosely because really what is "normal"? but i think you know what i mean when i use it here in this context) about treating a doll as if she were a real person and having sex with a lifelike robot type doll.

it is similar to women who have those lifelike babies that they dress, take on walks in strollers, hold and generally care for them as if they are real babies. there is something going on there in their psyche.

they may not really be hurting anyone with these dolls, but there is something not normal about this behavior. some have lost a child, some can never birth a child, some can't have a child for mental illness reasons, etc. but it is the same type of thing. some can't form relationships with real people, can't have sex with real people for whatever reason, mental illness, social anxiety, fear, loss of a loved significant other. the various reasons are endless.
These dolls are not still like the ones in that movie, they move and talk and feel extremely real. There is no reason to think men are going to a brothel to take the doll out to dinner and treat it like a person. Some may be like that, but I think the vast majority are probably going simply because they want sex and it feels like a real woman, without worrying about diseases or the criminal aspects of prostitution.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:33 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
These dolls are not still like the ones in that movie, they move and talk and feel extremely real. There is no reason to think men are going to a brothel to take the doll out to dinner and treat it like a person. Some may be like that, but I think the vast majority are probably going simply because they want sex and it feels like a real woman, without worrying about diseases or the criminal aspects of prostitution.
i did say the reasons are endless.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:07 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Unfortunately your chance of catching something from those things is higher. They don't have an immune system. They need to figure out the tech in how to clean it more efficiently. They are porous and the microorganisms get caught but there's no natural skin shedding or oils to move them out naturally.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:22 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
I didn’t know such a place even existed. Also if I were a man and was inclined to use a doll I’d definitely want my own and would not share.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
This ain't yer pa's blow up doll.

*****WARNING***** NAKED SEX DOLL PHOTOS******

https://lumidolls.com/collections/all-sexdolls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events