Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,369,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You keep throwing your water and "poor boy" argument at us while avoiding our facts. We've already said we don't support it. Do you agree or disagree that he was trespassing?
He wasn't trespassing. He was asleep and once he woke up, he agreed to leave. It's all on video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Maybe Dunkin needs to have a lesson from Starbucks that now lets people hang out and use the bathroom all day long without even buying anything.
Well stated.

Homeless guy shouls've went to Starbuck where you can use the toilets, wifi, and tables as long as you want without buying anything.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Who wants to walk into a place to eat and see people sacked out on tables? I'm a bit on the fence on this one.
Dunkin' Donuts is not a five star restaurant. It's a coffee shop. It's hardly upscale, to say the least. People hang out there. That's the nature of the business. If you want a nice posh environment, go to a five star restaurant for lunch.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
He wasn't trespassing. He was asleep and once he woke up, he agreed to leave. It's all on video.
He was told to leave. He refused. That's trespassing.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:28 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,283,997 times
Quote:
You keep throwing your water and "poor boy" argument at us while avoiding our facts. We've already said we don't support it. Do you agree or disagree that he was trespassing?
I agree he was trespassing if he was asked to leave and did not.

Now what is your point if you don't think he should have been doused with ice water?

Old 10-03-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
He was told to leave. He refused. That's trespassing.
Watch the video. NO he did not refuse to leave. He left as soon as they threw the water on him.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:30 PM

17,115 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Watch the video. NO he did not refuse to leave. He left as soon as they threw the water on him.
Watch the video. They told him to leave before.

The behavior is not excused on either part.

Old 10-03-2018, 05:50 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Dunkin Donuts gives water to a homeless man.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...4Rl?li=BBnb7Kz

I've always like Dunkin Donuts in the past however didn't have any stores in my area after moving. Now there is a new store that Dunkin had opened. I believe the corporate and franchise owner did the right thing by firing the employees involved. There are always better ways to deal with people in a place of business.
DD did the right thing when they fired these idiots. This video makes me sad and angry.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:09 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,885,827 times
Quote:
Jesus wouldn't pour water over someone who was simply sitting at a table, not harming anyone else. Go read your Bible. Jesus was also an advocate for giving to the poor.
He sure wouldn't.

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

This particular homeless man had been asked to leave multiple times and refused. So what is a business to do with him?
You call the police. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Dumping water is rude, but it's not assault. That distinction is why kids can play with squirt guns for hours but fist fights are broken up immediately.
I guess you wouldn't have a problem with me dumping water over the heads of your kids running around and disturbing everyone in public, then.

You don't think it's assault? Why don't I walk up to you and toss a pitcher full of water in your face and see if you still think it's not assault. Let me make this very clear: if you dumped a pitcher of water on me for any reason, it would definitely be assault and I'd make damn good and sure you were arrested and prosecuted.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,631 times
Eh, call me cruel, but I don't see a problem with what he did. The homeless man was asked over and over not to sleep at a place of business. It makes the business look bad and keeps paying customers away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events