Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 08:15 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
How long has the FBI been involved? I haven't read much about her case
From the beginning. Barron County investigators, the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation, the FBI, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children all responded to the original crime scene.

Quote:
Oct. 15

12:58 a.m.: Barron County Sheriff’s Department receives a 911 call from 1268 U.S. 8, a residence just outside Barron. According to Fitzgerald, the dispatcher was not able to make contact with the caller on the line.

Deputies respond to the home and find two adults dead inside. A 13-year-old girl, Jayme Closs, is presumed missing.

Investigators from Barron County, the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation, the FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children show up to help at the scene.

Fitzgerald announces that the Closs home was searched by drone and infrared camera with no signs of Jayme. Investigators also go to Jayme's school in Barron to interview teachers and classmates for potential information.

Descriptions and photos of Jayme are given around town to be sure no one has seen her.
Jayme Closs disappearance_ A timeline of events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Sadly, it does not look good for the missing Girl.

If she is alive and traveling with someone, there most likely would have been sightings. Best case scenario is, she is holed-up somewhere and doing well.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:42 PM

859 posts, read 705,742 times
I think it's unfair to suspect of someone's whose missing during a big crime while anyone would think she is in a real danger right now. Especially, that the investigators who have been there after the crime and watched the seen by their eyes mentioned frankly that they don't believe of the girl as a suspect BASED ON EVIDENCE found there. (According to what mentioned on those links you all inserted).

I also do NOT tend to believe of the girl as a suspect. When I read this story for the first time with its apparent scenario, my first thought is a "Revenge" as a motive to the crime. In addition, I don't find it strange that the mother went to hide in the bathroom. We were not with them to know/realize how horrible/terrified was the situation, what really had happened? May be that was the best thing she can do at that moment.

DEPENDING ON THE INFO MENTIONED ON THOSE SEVERAL LINKS YOU ALL PUT:

I can put a scenario to what happened, it's a hypothesis based on the info provided. A 911 call came in at 12.53 am. (There are some little differences in the times mentioned in those links, I took one of them) So, there is something was going on shortly BEFORE this time. Maybe 5 minutes ago or even 3 minutes ago. This time was Monday AM, it's considered late, it's not weekend. I expect people to be sleeping at this time especially students. So, I guess the girl was sleeping when the breaking happened.
About the parents, they might be sleeping also and woke up on the sound of the door-bell or knocking. It was a late time for visiting, so the father could suspect of the visitor, and wouldn't open the door immediately. That's what made the killer/s still knocking on the door.

Quote:
'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the FBI source said.
This info wasn't confirmed yet, but IF THIS INFO got confirmed later, it surprises me that the intruder didn't wait more and decided to fire throughout the door. I guess the voice of shot will be clear, and their are neighbors or anybody else who could hear and come for help. Although, they did it. According to me, I would think of him/them as if they know the family's father. If this were random, they wouldn't waste their time trying and waiting someone who don't open the door to them immediately. If the shot broke through the door, the father most likely would be injured but still alive. Meanwhile, the intruder/s was still trying to break the door. So,there would be much noise& horror. I expect the mother to be terrified at the moment that the intruder who shot her husband through out the door will succeed finally to break into her home quickly. Because they are trying right now. If she thought to help her husband, it wouldn't be a good idea because she wouldn't mange since they still trying to break the door. She would get shot,too. They have "GUN". She has NOTHING, therefore she decided to hide in the bathroom and trying to give a 911 call. It's the most important thing and the best way _ in her mind_that could save her family's life especially if the police could come during a few minutes. She didn't speak because it's not a good idea to let the intruder/s feel that she is here. She is right in this point. And the call itself _even if she gave one ring_ to emergency was enough because, this call will be considered an " ALERT SIGN" that there is someone in danger. It's illegal/irresponsible to be ignored _if the caller didn't speak_ in my opinion. They already can understand that the one who gave them call in danger and that's why he couldn't speak at that moment.

Now I imagine the mother hiding in the bathroom while giving a 911 call, without speaking (silence), the father whose injured,maybe near of the front door, was alive. He could have yelling before their breaking, but AFTER the intruder/s succeeded to break into his home, if he got another shot, he might not be able to yell loudly.

Let's see what they said:

Quote:
The dispatcher "could hear a lot of yelling" during the 911
Quote:
'lot of yelling' and loud noises could be heard in the background.
They mentioned that they don't know who was yelling and yelling at whom. But I wonder if they can't recognize the voice of the yelling to be for male or female or both. It's not provided.
If the mother were hiding in the bathroom and couldn't be able to speak in the phone, and the father got injured in another spot of the home, he might not be able to shout if he got multiple shot. Who did stay ? The girl !
I guess that their daughter was yelling, and also the intruder/s. In addition, If they didn't shot the father again immediately after they broke into his home, I would think of an angry conversation in a yelling way toward him.

Quote:
A responding officer found "the door has been kicked in."

' injured father answered the door to cops before dying from gunshot wounds
This point, I don't understand, I think it's a language problem. I understand that the door was broken by the intruder/s. So if the door were open, what does it mean "father answered the door to cops before dying". If the door were already open, they can enter home without waiting a response.

- I noticed that the killer didn't kill or even think to shot/hurt the family dog although it was there depending on what I understood.
Maybe the killer love dogs. And if he didn't kill the dog, it most likely he didn't kill the girl, too. So, I also tend to believe that she is ALIVE but in danger, of course.

Quote:
The family dog was there when deputies arrived, and was eventually taken to a relative's home.call.

There is one and the last note, I'll write it later in another post.

Last edited by Authentic Bird; 11-01-2018 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: remove space

Old 11-02-2018, 06:42 AM

The last point that I noticed when I read this story is what have been reported about the motive according to the investigators.
Quote:
Investigators believe that the killer came to the home with the specific intention of abducting Jayme, an FBI source told RadarOnline.com.
Initially, it didn't come to my mind this belief. My first thought of what appear of this story was "revenge" as a motive. But, to break into someone's home, after midnight, and make all this noise with what have of risk, and kill him with his wife ONLY in order to abduct their daughter. It sounds crazy! There are a lot of girls abduction issues without killing their parents. If this really were the reason, it makes me feel there is something strong about targeting this girl.
Since the investigators thought of it and BELIEVE in it, I think they believe in it for a reason. Anyway, I do NOT rule it out especially when I found this.
Quote:
Denise was a doting mother who often posted on Facebook sharing snaps of Jayme.
If the mother account was public, it may make things a little bit difficult. In anyway, they can look up in the backgrounds of people who were added in the friends list.

There is something came to my mind, although it might be strange but I thought of it anyway since this issue is strongly common in this society. I wonder whether or not there was adoption in this story.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:56 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Jayme Closs has been found alive. Not a lot of details yet.

Jayme Closs found alive, Wis. sheriff says - StarTribune.com

Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
https://www.foxnews.com/us/jayme-clo...rrested-report

Thanks goodness she was found.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM

Happy news with the beginning of the new year, thanks God!
Congratulations to all!

Old 01-11-2019, 10:26 AM

8,758 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Wonderful news! Sadly, her ordeal is far from over. Her kidnapper should of been shot on the spot.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:11 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Updates and much more info are on the True Crimes forum.

So thankful Jayme survived her murderous kidnapper and will be with her very loving extended family. And I'm also thankful the suspect is now securely in police custody, and if found guilty, will likely be imprisoned for the rest of his life.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Wonderful news! Sadly, her ordeal is far from over. Her kidnapper should of been shot on the spot.
That's too good for him. I wonder what this psychopath did to this poor girl over the last 3 months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events