Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 09:04 AM

71 posts, read 53,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
"Shanked?" I doubt it. I expect he was stransgled by one of his former associates.
He was beaten to death with soap in a sock. For those that wished he suffered, you should be happy, he did.

There are different theories being discussed. The mob wields power everywhere, including behind bars. Payback is always a possibility. There's also the notion that Bulger's time as an FBI informant is connected, either by asomeone he ratted out in the past or someone he was allegedly about to.

In any case, it's easy to question how there wasn't some kind of set-up in the circumstances of his death. He hadn't been processed yet. He was wheeled off camera and killed. How did the killers know Bulger was arriving and have such easy access to him? It makes some people wonder if the whole thing was planned, and if so, who was in on it? That prison has some serious explaining and investigating to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 10:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Id like to know where ALL the money they found when they arrested Bulger went?!!!

I can definitely picture police and FBI 'pocketing' their personal share!

Old 11-01-2018, 10:27 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I don't want prison-Dirtballs dispensing "prison justice".
Nor, do I. Whitey was a real SOB. However, the people running the prison are the ones in charge. Not the inmates. The real problem with this type of crime is that it strikes at the heart of the criminal justice system to administer justice according to the law. Whitey was sentenced to serve a term in prison. He was not sentenced to death. Because I support rule of law, I hope the perpetrator is brought to justice.

Last edited by markg91359; 11-01-2018 at 10:41 AM..

Old 11-01-2018, 10:30 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden Rule View Post

He was beaten to death with soap in a sock. For those that wished he suffered, you should be happy, he did.......

It wasn't soap (soap is too soft and would break up into pieces anyway).

His face and head were beaten to an unrecognizable pulp with a large padlock inside a sock.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:43 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I won't lose any sleep over it, but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon. No one serving a sentence should be murdered (or raped, though THAT elicits cheers, too) in prison.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:06 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I won't lose any sleep over it, but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon. No one serving a sentence should be murdered (or raped, though THAT elicits cheers, too) in prison.
Only certain prisoners elicit a cheer from me. Albert Desalvo didn't make me happy. There is a "code" in prison that I am sure you are aware of and if someone dies by that code, I am sure they know what they are doing. Just because a person doesn't get the death penalty doesn't mean they don't deserve it. It's all usually due to what state they are tried in.

CottonPuff, your handle and state says it all.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:14 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Only certain prisoners elicit a cheer from me. Albert Desalvo didn't make me happy. There is a "code" in prison that I am sure you are aware of and if someone dies by that code, I am sure they know what they are doing. Just because a person doesn't get the death penalty doesn't mean they don't deserve it. It's all usually due to what state they are tried in.

CottonPuff, your handle and state says it all.

I'm a firm believer in the death penalty--meted out by the state, not by prisoners to other prisoners, serving their time.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:45 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,130,360 times
the last news story I read on it yesterday said that he was in his cell and four inmates entered and beat him with the lock in the sock and tried to cut out his tongue and gouge out his eyes with a shiv.
I wish the news would wait and print the correct story instead of whatever various rumors they happen to hear.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:34 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Guess none of you are from Massachusetts or lived there when he "reigned"? He got exactly what he deserved. Too bad he evaded capture for so many years.
I grew up in MA and I don't celebrate any 89 year old wheelchair bound man having his eyes gouged out and being beaten to death. If any man deserved it, I'd agree that he did, but it's not something I'm going to cheer about. Besides, the devil was always going to give him his due whether he went out soft or went out hard.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:38 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
For crying out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events