Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 10:10 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
At least they have her in custody. It's frightening how many wackos like this are walking around us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 03:20 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I don't give two toots what the other people thought -this guy was out of line, and I had the courage to do something about it.
Nobody agrees with you.

NOBODY.

And no doubt that includes the people at the wedding. Now you can continue to take the "I am right and everyone else is wrong" approach, which of course is always a fail. Or maybe you should stop acting like an ass, it will severe you better in life.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 12-03-2018 at 04:39 AM..

Old 12-03-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
A similar thing happened to me at a wedding one time - I had overindulged in a bean stew, and was rewarded with loud trumpeting flatulence.

The groom was upset, because he said it had ruined the service, and it then deteriorated into one of those awkward collar grabbing pushing/shoving fights -it was eventually broken up, but I let the groom know that I was more than happy to take it further, after the speeches were done.
You were wrong. You were FAR PAST wrong. You should have left.

Good grief. Where do you people come from??

Old 12-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
It's about honour - not a fashionable word these days, but something I strongly believe in.

The groom came to our table, and interrupted me as I was telling a joke - I felt honour bound, to teach him a lesson.
Seriously dude. You sound like the kind of crazies that should not be walking the streets.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:22 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
When I lived in a different area and trained at a different gum, this handsome well built man had protein farts. Good looking model type, muscular body. You could always tell he was there. He was married and his wife was not there so I don't think he cared what anyone thought. He probably used the gym to relieve the pressure and empty himself until he got home. I went early in the morning and the weight room was on the upper floor and you could smell him when going up the steps. "Matt is here today....ewe" It was usually just me and him in the weight room most of the morning and obviously I did not matter enough for him to try not to do it. When other folks started filtering in, I couldn't tell if the smell was still there. Your nose grew used to it after awhile. I always think of Matt from time to time when I see these kind of guys.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:25 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Breaking wind is bit natural, just sayin'.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:59 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously dude. You sound like the kind of crazies that should not be walking the streets.
It takes courage to stand by one's principles -the mockers and naysayers will try to beat you down for it.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
WTF is wrong with all of us?
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
What the heck is an SBD?
Silent But Deadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Joe is from Kiwi Land....New Zealand. He's probably not used to wearing clothes, just his Aboriginal loin cloth. Oops, sorry, didn't mean to offend the Aborigines.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:35 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Quote:
It takes courage to stand by one's principles -the mockers and naysayers will try to beat you down for it.
It takes something, but don't try to dignify what you did as courageous. It wasn't. It was crass, crude and undignified. The day wasn't about you or your puny courage, it was about the Bride & Groom. You must be pretty dense not to get that. You were a guest at THEIR EVENT, not yours.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:50 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
It takes something, but don't try to dignify what you did as courageous. It wasn't. It was crass, crude and undignified. The day wasn't about you or your puny courage, it was about the Bride & Groom. You must be pretty dense not to get that. You were a guest at THEIR EVENT, not yours.
This.

I have no idea what Joe's problem is but he sounds so out of touch with how society works he is downright dangerous. A manhood issue? Is he 17?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events