U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 01:37 PM

22,580 posts, read 24,170,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yeah I'm not too sure why this would "ruin her life."

A video clearly made using a hidden camera of her taking a shower... She's not doing anything out of the ordinary. People might have a thing or two to say about seeing her nude (likely not bad things) for a few days, and then move on.
The woman said this:

Quote:
"Every time this person posts this video, he posts my full name," the woman said. "It's sadistic, and it's designed to terrorize me and force me into a place where I feel like I have to give into his demands and give him more photos or give him money. He did this so that whenever someone googles me, they're going to see this."
Images of her nude body which she did not consent to having taken are being posted and sent with her name attached. I don't know how anyone could think, "oh, well, no big deal" at such a huge breach of privacy. It's extortion, and this man needs to be stopped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 02:56 PM

16,477 posts, read 16,586,163 times
Yeah, I am going to assume the filmer did it without the knowledge of Hilton Hotels.

But hey, deep-pockets are where it's at.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:21 PM

18,450 posts, read 20,211,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yeah, I am going to assume the filmer did it without the knowledge of Hilton Hotels.

But hey, deep-pockets are where it's at.

Exactly. You sue whoever has the money.

Truthfully I think companies really need to do better security checks on people they hire.
When I hired people I had a few requirements that were really non negotiable.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:25 PM

18,450 posts, read 20,211,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yeah I'm not too sure why this would "ruin her life."

A video clearly made using a hidden camera of her taking a shower... She's not doing anything out of the ordinary. People might have a thing or two to say about seeing her nude (likely not bad things) for a few days, and then move on.
So you would be ok with someone unknowingly taking video of you in a private moment and then posting it on the net for anyone to see. Coworkers, friends, family, that guy who is always looking at you a bit longingly by the water cooler (btw probably him that took the videos) your boss, literally anyone.

You would be ok with that. Or is it one of those hey itís ok as long as it isnít me

Old 12-04-2018, 03:27 PM

22,580 posts, read 24,170,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

Truthfully I think companies really need to do better security checks on people they hire.
When I hired people I had a few requirements that were really non negotiable.
And as a company, Hilton does need to ensure that their guests are safe. It's not some sleazy motel.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:28 PM

1,746 posts, read 1,776,865 times
This lady is taking a page out of Erin Andrew's handbook. Hoping to cash in like she did.

She might get some $, but not $$$$$ like Erin did.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:32 PM

9,697 posts, read 6,642,893 times
Quote:
So you would be ok with someone unknowingly taking video of you in a private moment and then posting it on the net for anyone to see. Coworkers, friends, family, that guy who is always looking at you a bit longingly by the water cooler (btw probably him that took the videos) your boss, literally anyone.

You would be ok with that. Or is it one of those hey itís ok as long as it isnít me
For ****'s sake, where did I say I'd be okay with it???
I said it wouldn't "ruin my life." And no, it wouldn't. Does not mean in the very least bit that I'd be okay with it.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 16 days ago)

9,636 posts, read 3,682,460 times
Quote:

Exactly. It's easy for people to say "no big deal" until it actually happens to them. Then it's a different story.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 16 days ago)

9,636 posts, read 3,682,460 times
Quote:

It may not help anything. Lots of sickos have no criminal record at all. I'm all for background checks but they can only help so much. There are even serial rapists who have a clean criminal record, because they've never been reported and have gotten away with it.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:49 PM

9,697 posts, read 6,642,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Exactly. It's easy for people to say "no big deal" until it actually happens to them. Then it's a different story.
I never said it's "not a big deal." Way to take things out of context.

I said it wouldn't "ruin my life."

The same way I was VERY upset when my house was broken into a few years ago, but it did not ruin my life.

How are you (and others) associating "not a big deal" with "ruining ones life?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or