U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM

6,347 posts, read 3,421,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Wow, that's disgusting. They should DNA test all of the male staff. And, after reading the above, all of the male patients as well.

Ever hear of the Fourth Amendment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM

6,347 posts, read 3,421,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There is plenty of probable cause. This was rape, which is a crime.

They should do a DNA test on every male worker (nurse, aide, etc.) who came in that woman's room about 9 months prior. These places also have cameras and they can pull that information too.

Probable cause relates to a suspect, not the crime. You need to find probable cause for an individual, not an entire class of people.

Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM

2,829 posts, read 1,029,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post

When he is found I hope he is put to death.
Approximately how many executions do you think there ought to be every year?

Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM

7,499 posts, read 1,844,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Hope so too....

they've known for months she was pregnant, wonder what the investigators are doing, asking male employees for DNA??? Could even have been a visitor but employee seems more likely, he would be familiar with schedules and surroundings.

The last time I heard of a nursing home rape the man was found not guilty/reason of insanity.
IDK about an employee, they would have to know they are going to be the first ones that are suspected when someone like this ends up pregnant, a random visitor/ stranger is more likely imo.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM

31,983 posts, read 9,483,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IDK about an employee, they would have to know they are going to be the first ones that are suspected when someone like this ends up pregnant, a random visitor/ stranger is more likely imo.

Since you're apparently unaware of just how prevalent these incidents of rape and sexual abuse of comatose/disabled patients by hospital staff are...Google is your friend.

Old Today, 12:21 AM

312 posts, read 73,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
You know what is disgusting to me? When first reaction to human suffering is to cast blame and exact vengeance. To the full extent of the law. No matter what the cost. Even if it causes further suffering, to more people.
Sorry, I've just got to ask. To clarify, are you saying that whoever raped and impregnated a comatose 24 year old girl should not be found and punished, because it would cause the rapist to "suffer"?

Personally, the only quote that comes to mind is from a forty-something year old Cheech and Chong album, maybe "Big Bambu":
Female Judge: "Bailiff, whack his pee-pee!"

Old Today, 05:47 AM

2,829 posts, read 1,029,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Sorry, I've just got to ask. To clarify, are you saying that whoever raped and impregnated a comatose 24 year old girl should not be found and punished, because it would cause the rapist to "suffer"?

Personally, the only quote that comes to mind is from a forty-something year old Cheech and Chong album, maybe "Big Bambu":
Female Judge: "Bailiff, whack his pee-pee!"

Didn't say that at all. I said that blame and punishment ought not be the uppermost reaction that comes to mind. First, concern ourselves with victims and maybe the holes in the system that readily enable the abuse. There will be plenty of time later for vigilantes to string him up without a trial, if that's what is important to you.

Do you have any idea how many school children's daddy is in prison? What do you think that's like? My ex-wife was one of them.

Old Today, 06:44 AM

3,363 posts, read 1,856,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Let me get this straight, nursing staff (who presumably include at least LPNs/LVNs) and or some professional nurses (RNs) didn't notice this woman was pregnant for all of the nine months.

No one noticed even the slightest change in this female's figure, weight.... anything during AM/PM care, bathing, changing or whatever.

Hope this woman's family sues the pants off this place. The funds can then be used to provide financial security for the wee tyke.

I agree completely. How did staff not know she was pregnant for 9 months? That's difficult to believe.

Old Today, 08:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 953,971 times
"Your name is Buck, right?"

Old Today, 08:38 AM

312 posts, read 73,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Didn't say that at all. I said that blame and punishment ought not be the uppermost reaction that comes to mind. First, concern ourselves with victims and maybe the holes in the system that readily enable the abuse. There will be plenty of time later for vigilantes to string him up without a trial, if that's what is important to you.
Do you have any idea how many school children's daddy is in prison? What do you think that's like? My ex-wife was one of them.
Whew - sorry if I misunderstood your point. But even then, putting someone in "the system" is more than vengeance, or even rehabilitation. It's restitution / "justice" for past behavior, which if not forced, creates a society without consequences for actions - and that's a scary place. And probably more importantly, it hopefully prevents the Bad Guy from harming the next victim. Any damage incurred by your ex-wife's kids is on the perpetrator of the crime, not society as a whole. If Daddy did something so heinous that he was put in jail for it, that's on him, not me. Doesn't it concern you that whoever did this could be working in another facility, doing the same thing to someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events