U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 586,315 times
Reputation: 3048

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In this case, it wouldn't be the employer requesting DNA (which I agree is illegal) it would be law enforcement investigating the rape of a comatose woman at a care facility, and my guess is, yes, they could get a warrant if forced to.
Yes....they could get a warrant only IF they had reasonable proof of an individual suspect subject to the rules of evidence (and that's not a guess). There is no such thing as a "blanket" warrant that would allow them to just test every male employee as you previously suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Thailand
5,192 posts, read 2,473,601 times
Reputation: 9534
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
It seems that you have had a very sheltered life, if you think the rape of a comatose victim is as heinous as it gets.
Cute switcheroo.

The poster you quoted never said it was as heinous as it gets, they just stated it was heinous which is entirely different than what you're attributing to them to make your utterly retarded argument.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Heinous? While the act itself may be distasteful to you, who really suffered?
Well there you go, things are only heinous if someone suffered. When someone gets slipped a drug then raped while passed out, no worries man they were asleep and didn't suffer. The perv who hides the camera in the girls locker room, no problem at all since they aren't suffering they didn't even know the camera was there.

Last edited by lieqiang; Yesterday at 09:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Thailand
5,192 posts, read 2,473,601 times
Reputation: 9534
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Yes....they could get a warrant only IF they had reasonable proof of an individual suspect subject to the rules of evidence (and that's not a guess). There is no such thing as a "blanket" warrant that would allow them to just test every male employee as you previously suggested.
DNA is kind of a weird one with evidence since one's DNA can become public domain very easily and be subject to surreptitious sampling precedent. There have been many cases of police taking a discarded cup, tissue, cigarette butt, etc. from a subject to test DNA without a warrant.

I would think they could narrow the list of staff suspects down to a small number pretty quickly since male, who had access in the reasonable time frame of conception, even factors like race could be used to shorten the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
 
2,716 posts, read 3,960,181 times
Reputation: 6385
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Approximately how many executions do you think there ought to be every year?
How many people have raped a comatose woman?

Every single one of them.

Last edited by Charlotteborn; Yesterday at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 586,315 times
Reputation: 3048
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
DNA is kind of a weird one with evidence since one's DNA can become public domain very easily and be subject to surreptitious sampling precedent. There have been many cases of police taking a discarded cup, tissue, cigarette butt, etc. from a subject to test DNA without a warrant.

I
would think they could narrow the list of staff suspects down to a small number pretty quickly since male, who had access in the reasonable time frame of conception, even factors like race could be used to shorten the list.
That's not what we were in discussion about....it was the erroneous belief that the police can just DNA test everyone to exclude someone or cast a wide net in hopes of catching the responsible party.

The cases you speak of have been where they have a known suspect in a case and tail that person and at some point retrieve a cigarette butt, cup, tissue, etc. to obtain a DNA sample and compare it to a sample they have on hand from a criminal case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Wasilla, AK
6,352 posts, read 3,426,674 times
Reputation: 13078
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
The justice you are demanding has the result of a couple of million Americans languishing in prison, who have done nothing heinous at all, but with needless suffering by their innocent families..

By the way, it was my ex-wife who grew up as the child of a dadddy who was in prison, so I know something about what incarceration does to families. Unintended consequences that Americans so blissfully sweep under their messy and shameful carpets, while shouting "justice". and enen worse, "closure".

I'm retired LE and I know what criminals do to victims. Do the crime, do the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Wasilla, AK
6,352 posts, read 3,426,674 times
Reputation: 13078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, then they'd get a warrant.

They'd better have probable cause. A fishing expedition is not probable cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Thailand
5,192 posts, read 2,473,601 times
Reputation: 9534
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
That's not what we were in discussion about....it was the erroneous belief that the police can just DNA test everyone to exclude someone or cast a wide net in hopes of catching the responsible party.

The cases you speak of have been where they have a known suspect in a case and tail that person and at some point retrieve a cigarette butt, cup, tissue, etc. to obtain a DNA sample and compare it to a sample they have on hand from a criminal case.
Right, might point is they don't need a warrant because this could be winnowed down to a reasonable subset of potential coma-rapers so just collect their DNA from discarded items. They don't need a sample from a criminal database because they have a baby with the DNA they need to match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Cebu, Philippines
2,848 posts, read 1,032,958 times
Reputation: 5492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This forum gets more ridiculous every day. It doesn't get much more bizarre than comparing the rape of a patient in a care facility to stealing a Twinkie.

Somebody else introduced the category of things "no man is entitled to . . . ever". It was used as a definition of "heinous".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:15 AM
 
20,801 posts, read 26,925,171 times
Reputation: 13897
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Somebody else introduced the category of things "no man is entitled to . . . ever". It was used as a definition of "heinous".
She said this:

Quote:
No man is entitled to any woman, ever.
She is quite right.

And you compared it to a stealing a Twinkie and started crying about the damage to the criminal's family. SMH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top