Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 03:36 PM

102,064 posts, read 106,967,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
There is plenty of probable cause. This was rape, which is a crime.

They should do a DNA test on every male worker (nurse, aide, etc.) who came in that woman's room about 9 months prior. These places also have cameras and they can pull that information too.
It's a felony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 03:49 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,266,529 times
Sick that someone raped her, but why do we keep comatose vegetables alive for decades+? I hope my family would have the decency to pull the plug on me well before a decade was up. What a waste of money and resources.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:21 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,708,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
May not be a male employee.

These LTC/nursing home or whatever places take in all sorts nowadays to make money. As such you have a *very* mixed population.

I SAID it could have been a visitor....

Old 01-04-2019, 04:38 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,033,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Sick that someone raped her, but why do we keep comatose vegetables alive for decades+? I hope my family would have the decency to pull the plug on me well before a decade was up. What a waste of money and resources.
I'm with you, but most fourteen-year-olds don't have end-of-life directives in place. Plus, it's rare, but it does happen that people come out of comas after extended periods. Who knows how much brain activity or damage there is (besides the Dr.'s). Hard to judge a family who loses a teenager for not giving up hope.

To the post, this is right out of "Kill Bill" (vol. 1). Except that "The Bride" had given birth just after going comatose, and was infertile during the subsequent abuse. They better do a DNA test on anyone working at the center who's named "Buck". Would the father have parental rights in this case, since the mother is comatose? Now THAT would be adding insult to injury.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:40 PM

2,428 posts, read 2,424,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post

The nursing homes look upon comatose patients as cash cows. Some families have religious beliefs against "pulling the plug." That's a couple of reasons; there may be more.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:29 PM

31,635 posts, read 26,488,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I SAID it could have been a visitor....
Well anything is possible, but for someone to climb into bed with this young woman in broad daylight and no one notice anything would be *VERY suspect.

Most places do not have late night or even evening visiting hours for patients. Some nursing homes or whatever places may allow family to stay say during dinner hours (to assist with feeding if necessary), but usually by 9PM or so everyone who is not staff is or should be gone.

In the above talked about case from New York that nasty male staffer was going into the comatose young woman's room over night and abusing. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get away with so many things on the over night shift in nursing homes, hospitals, etc...

Nursing homes, rehab facilities, LTC, etc.... especially once it's "lights out" staff often vanishes. Plenty go to sleep, get on the computer, and or otherwise spend a good part of the night shift doing anything else but patient care.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:34 PM

31,635 posts, read 26,488,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
There's no probable cause to DNA test the entire male staff.

And, no-- a pregnant patient is not probable cause for a warrant.

Excuse you?

A female was raped, perhaps repeatedly. Proof is now several days old, so am sorry, but *YES* there is probable cause to request DNA and or question every single male patient, staff or whoever that has been anywhere on the floor/in facility over past nine or so months.

LE might (and probably will) go further and question any male staff or whoever that was terminated, quit or otherwise left employment at this some kind of piece of rehabilitation facility.

We're not talking about the Immaculate Conception here pal; nor are we dealing with some female making vague accusations. Some guy with access to that female fathered her child, and LE is going to get to the bottom of things. The facility itself is surely going to cooperate if for nothing else to lessen PR and perhaps legal damage that will come as a result of this hot mess.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:40 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,531,867 times
Disgusting. That poor woman. This is just another one of the many reasons why I’d rather kill myself before I have to be put into a nursing home or become dependent on any caregiver.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:56 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,859,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
ROFLROFL
I don't mean to laugh i know it's Wrong, i know it is!
But seriously for min, what type of sick human does this crap?
I would not be opposed to giving someone convicted of this type of Rape Life in Prison.
Ik it's messed up, but I initially laughed at first too. So crazy that this even happened, luckily the child was born healthy. Now we know you don't need all those Doctor visits while pregnant.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:00 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,859,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Disgusting. That poor woman. This is just another one of the many reasons why I’d rather kill myself before I have to be put into a nursing home or become dependent on any caregiver.
Don't think she ever had time to make that decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events