U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:21 PM
Status: "Loving the hilarity of CD." (set 23 days ago)
 
5,575 posts, read 2,551,633 times
Reputation: 5405

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Because she was the victim here. You don't get to keep people as sex slaves in this country. 15 years is far too much prison for someone who killed a guy who was raping her over and over.


I want to know who sold to her to him, and what consequences they got, if any.

That isn't what happened. You might want to read up on the story, and then re-join the conversation when you've got your facts correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:24 PM
 
156 posts, read 29,422 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Here we go again.

The revisionism of history continues.

Some of the people blindly supporting Brown can't even get their own principles and beliefs straight. They'll falsely claim that Brown was trafficked and abused by the victim. Or they'll say that the victim 'deserved' to be brutally executed in his sleep, because he paid for the company of a prostitute (one that willingly went with him). These are probably the same people that think prostitution should be legalized and regulated, or think that if certain politicians were caught procuring a prostitute or engaging in prostitution, then that is no one's business but his own and no big deal.

Brown was granted clemency due to the continued revisionist history being given by her supporters including clueless celebrities. The governor didn't want to seem like the 'bad' guy, even though the jury and lead detective knew very well what a twisted and dangerous person Brown is. I take some measure of comfort in knowing she served 15 years, so it wasn't like she faced no punishment. But based on her cold blooded act, she certainly deserved to spend more time in prison.

For those that still don't get it, please do fully read the letter from the lead detective that details her sordid acts.

Lead detective in Cyntoia Brown case urging Gov. Haslam to not grant her clemency
Lots of people are fine with victim blaming - as long as the victim is a man....


On the other hand I don't believe in life sentences for teens. Now let the governor find a man who was sentenced as a teen and give him clemency also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:33 PM
 
8,766 posts, read 4,116,277 times
Reputation: 11196
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I do, because those are the facts. Don't you want the facts?

Those are not the facts. There is no evidence that he hired her for sex at all. He asked if she needed a ride. He bought her fast food. They ate it in his kitchen. They watched music videos and then fell asleep. He never asked her for sex. No sex ever happened. That's Ms Brown's story who would have every reason to say it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:37 PM
 
8,766 posts, read 4,116,277 times
Reputation: 11196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's still unknown, why her adoptive mother didn't report her missing. That raises a lot of questions, the least of which are: how long had she been with the adoptive family, and how did she get there? Was she taken from her birth family by CPS?

My bet is Ms Brown's behaviour was such a constant stress to the adoptive mother that she was just relieved to be free of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:42 PM
 
8,766 posts, read 4,116,277 times
Reputation: 11196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Because she was the victim here. You don't get to keep people as sex slaves in this country. 15 years is far too much prison for someone who killed a guy who was raping her over and over.

I want to know who sold to her to him, and what consequences they got, if any.

I want to know what case you are talking about because it clearly isn't this one. Try reading the lead detective's report and not getting all your information from facebook memes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:46 PM
 
46 posts, read 13,113 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How many men get off with light sentences for killing their wives, or bashing them bloody, or breaking a bone, but nobody calls them "thugs"?
I actually do call them thugs as well. Anyone who kills someone in their sleep for no reason is a thug. No way around that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
 
13,841 posts, read 12,654,779 times
Reputation: 18767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Because she was the victim here. You don't get to keep people as sex slaves in this country. 15 years is far too much prison for someone who killed a guy who was raping her over and over.


I want to know who sold to her to him, and what consequences they got, if any.
Lol, it is clear you have read nothing about this story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 PM
 
Location: colorado springs, CO
4,393 posts, read 1,985,592 times
Reputation: 15145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Here we go again. The revisionism of history continues.
I agree. It's one thing to rewrite a fairy tale, such as the revised version of Little Red Riding Hood; where everybody lives "Happily Ever After ..." Rewriting history, however, is outright dangerous. This is how the "true" (original) story by Charles Perrault ends:

Quote:
Grandmother, what big ears you have!"
"All the better to hear with, my child."
"Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"
"All the better to see with, my child."
"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"
"All the better to eat you up with."
And, saying these words, this wicked wolf fell upon Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her all up.
Yup. That's all. No heroic hunstman to be found. Wolves are predators. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some of the people blindly supporting Brown can't even get their own principles and beliefs straight. They'll falsely claim that Brown was trafficked and abused by the victim. Or they'll say that the victim 'deserved' to be brutally executed in his sleep, because he paid for the company of a prostitute (one that willingly went with him). These are probably the same people that think prostitution should be legalized and regulated, or think that if certain politicians were caught procuring a prostitute or engaging in prostitution, then that is no one's business but his own and no big deal.
I actually don't think the majority her supporters want prostitution legalized. I think I disagree with her supporters but I need to know a little more before I commit to that.

Personally; I think both prostitution & solicitation should be illegal as a Petty Offense without penalty for those over age 18 & as a Felony with the penalty for those under age 18*. I think Pimping of all ages should be a Felony offense with penalty*.




(The long story: Law enforcement won't bother with a non-revenue generating "crime". They simply won't involve themselves with non-abused adults. They do it now since it's a money-maker with the added bonus of an occasional underage girl for a "Human-Trafficking Bust" headline.

That frees up the resources to concentrate on criminalizing the creeps. It discourages girls from engaging in prostitution, maintains access to girls who need help & their juvenile prostitution record can be expunged upon turning 18. Clients motivated to verify age=no mistakes. No pimps=no trafficking.

Definitely no regulation. Enter at your own risk. Nobody needs the IRS/Departments of Revenue to play Pimp. Proceeds from self-exploitation should stay with the self.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 02:25 PM
 
Location: The South
376 posts, read 461,807 times
Reputation: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Because she was the victim here. You don't get to keep people as sex slaves in this country. 15 years is far too much prison for someone who killed a guy who was raping her over and over.


I want to know who sold to her to him, and what consequences they got, if any.


This is EXACTLY what didn't happen. Did you even read the police letter Bro?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 PM
 
Location: BFE
880 posts, read 229,949 times
Reputation: 2413
So, what are the odds she ends up right back on the street, and soon after right back in jail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top