Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 11:24 AM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Here we go again.

The revisionism of history continues.

Some of the people blindly supporting Brown can't even get their own principles and beliefs straight. They'll falsely claim that Brown was trafficked and abused by the victim. Or they'll say that the victim 'deserved' to be brutally executed in his sleep, because he paid for the company of a prostitute (one that willingly went with him). These are probably the same people that think prostitution should be legalized and regulated, or think that if certain politicians were caught procuring a prostitute or engaging in prostitution, then that is no one's business but his own and no big deal.

Brown was granted clemency due to the continued revisionist history being given by her supporters including clueless celebrities. The governor didn't want to seem like the 'bad' guy, even though the jury and lead detective knew very well what a twisted and dangerous person Brown is. I take some measure of comfort in knowing she served 15 years, so it wasn't like she faced no punishment. But based on her cold blooded act, she certainly deserved to spend more time in prison.

For those that still don't get it, please do fully read the letter from the lead detective that details her sordid acts.

Lead detective in Cyntoia Brown case urging Gov. Haslam to not grant her clemency
Lots of people are fine with victim blaming - as long as the victim is a man....

On the other hand I don't believe in life sentences for teens. Now let the governor find a man who was sentenced as a teen and give him clemency also.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:33 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I do, because those are the facts. Don't you want the facts?

Those are not the facts. There is no evidence that he hired her for sex at all. He asked if she needed a ride. He bought her fast food. They ate it in his kitchen. They watched music videos and then fell asleep. He never asked her for sex. No sex ever happened. That's Ms Brown's story who would have every reason to say it did.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's still unknown, why her adoptive mother didn't report her missing. That raises a lot of questions, the least of which are: how long had she been with the adoptive family, and how did she get there? Was she taken from her birth family by CPS?

My bet is Ms Brown's behaviour was such a constant stress to the adoptive mother that she was just relieved to be free of it.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Because she was the victim here. You don't get to keep people as sex slaves in this country. 15 years is far too much prison for someone who killed a guy who was raping her over and over.

I want to know who sold to her to him, and what consequences they got, if any.

I want to know what case you are talking about because it clearly isn't this one. Try reading the lead detective's report and not getting all your information from facebook memes.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:49 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Because she was the victim here. You don't get to keep people as sex slaves in this country. 15 years is far too much prison for someone who killed a guy who was raping her over and over.

Lol, it is clear you have read nothing about this story.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Here we go again. The revisionism of history continues.
I agree. It's one thing to rewrite a fairy tale, such as the revised version of Little Red Riding Hood; where everybody lives "Happily Ever After ..." Rewriting history, however, is outright dangerous. This is how the "true" (original) story by Charles Perrault ends:

Quote:
Grandmother, what big ears you have!"
"All the better to hear with, my child."
"Grandmother, what big eyes you have!"
"All the better to see with, my child."
"Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!"
"All the better to eat you up with."
And, saying these words, this wicked wolf fell upon Little Red Riding Hood, and ate her all up.
Yup. That's all. No heroic hunstman to be found. Wolves are predators. End of story.

Quote:
Some of the people blindly supporting Brown can't even get their own principles and beliefs straight. They'll falsely claim that Brown was trafficked and abused by the victim. Or they'll say that the victim 'deserved' to be brutally executed in his sleep, because he paid for the company of a prostitute (one that willingly went with him). These are probably the same people that think prostitution should be legalized and regulated, or think that if certain politicians were caught procuring a prostitute or engaging in prostitution, then that is no one's business but his own and no big deal.
I actually don't think the majority her supporters want prostitution legalized. I think I disagree with her supporters but I need to know a little more before I commit to that.

Personally; I think both prostitution & solicitation should be illegal as a Petty Offense without penalty for those over age 18 & as a Felony with the penalty for those under age 18*. I think Pimping of all ages should be a Felony offense with penalty*.

(The long story: Law enforcement won't bother with a non-revenue generating "crime". They simply won't involve themselves with non-abused adults. They do it now since it's a money-maker with the added bonus of an occasional underage girl for a "Human-Trafficking Bust" headline.

That frees up the resources to concentrate on criminalizing the creeps. It discourages girls from engaging in prostitution, maintains access to girls who need help & their juvenile prostitution record can be expunged upon turning 18. Clients motivated to verify age=no mistakes. No pimps=no trafficking.

Definitely no regulation. Enter at your own risk. Nobody needs the IRS/Departments of Revenue to play Pimp. Proceeds from self-exploitation should stay with the self.)

Old 01-09-2019, 01:25 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,000,575 times
Quote:

This is EXACTLY what didn't happen. Did you even read the police letter Bro?

Old 01-09-2019, 02:03 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,186,339 times
So, what are the odds she ends up right back on the street, and soon after right back in jail?

Old 01-09-2019, 09:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

I asked earlier, if her pimp had faced consequences, and someone said he was dead. That's all I know. Maybe someone could tell us how/when he died.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:34 PM

468 posts, read 355,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Those are not the facts. There is no evidence that he hired her for sex at all. He asked if she needed a ride. He bought her fast food. They ate it in his kitchen. They watched music videos and then fell asleep. He never asked her for sex. No sex ever happened. That's Ms Brown's story who would have every reason to say it did.
Yep

Murder of Johnny Allen

On the night of 5 August 2004, 16-year-old Brown met 43-year-old Johnny Mitchell Allen in the parking lot of a Sonic Drive-In on Murfreesboro Road in Nashville, Tennessee. Allen was a real estate broker and a United States Army veteran.[12] Based on what Brown told investigators, Allen asked her if she was hungry and if she was homeless.[13][14] Brown answered yes to both questions and accepted Allen's offer to take her to his house. Brown and Allen ordered dinner and Allen drove the pair to his home.[15][16] At a later hearing, Brown testified that she agreed to have sex with Allen for US$150, but claimed that they never actually engaged in sexual intercourse.[9][16][17][18] At some point during the encounter Brown shot Allen in the back of the head using her .40-caliber handgun.She then left the house in Allen's Ford F-150 in possession of Allen's wallet, containing US$172,[19] and two of his firearms.[20] Brown left the truck at a Wal-Mart parking lot and flagged down an SUV for a ride home. Police later found Brown and McGlothen at the nearby Intown Suites. [18]

Arrest and trial

Brown was arrested and charged with homicide, especially aggravated robbery, handgun possession and criminal impersonation.[9] Despite being under 18 at the time of the killing, she was tried as an adult. This decision came from Metro Juvenile Court Judge Betty Adams Green on November 14, 2004, who argued that it was too much of a risk to the community to keep the 16-year-old stay in the Juvenile Court System.[21][9]

Brown never denied shooting Allen; however, she argued that the act was committed in self defense,[20] making the act manslaughter rather than homicide.[citation needed]

Brown stated that Allen had intimidated her by repeatedly standing over her while she lay in his bed. As further motivation for the act of self defense, she stated that she believed Allen was reaching for a firearm as the two lay in bed. Thus prompting her to shoot Allen with her own firearm, which she got from her boyfriend for her own protection.[20][16][13][9] Police noted that no gun was found under or near the bed. Based on the position in which Allen's body was discovered, investigators believed that Allen may have been asleep when he was shot. Forensics noted that, postmortem, Allen was laying with his hands underneath his head.[20][16][9] This gives credence to the prosecution's argument that the act was a homicide motivated by Brown's intent to rob Allen.[22] Additionally, Brown admitted to stealing Allen's cash and property and expressed her intention to pawn the stolen rifles.[16] Prosecutors took the stance that Brown had not been in danger and that she had murdered Allen in order to steal from him.[23] She was found guilty of first-degree murder, felony murder and aggravated robbery and sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.[24][25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyntoia_Brown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events