U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2019, 10:40 AM
 
Location: State of Denial
1,756 posts, read 833,677 times
Reputation: 9062

Advertisements

When my late husband started working in delinquency services, one of his first cases was a teenager who had just given birth to her third child at the ripe old age of 15. She was 12 when she had her first baby.


The mother in this case could be 18 or younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Texas
42,608 posts, read 50,729,191 times
Reputation: 68218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why does any of that matter? The mother wasn't even home, the boyfriend was babysitting.
Boyfriends have killed a lot of kids.

It's sad mothers don't get this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Chicago
307 posts, read 74,472 times
Reputation: 670
I don't have much to say but, as someone who suffered regular beatings as a young girl at the hands of her parents, my heart aches for this child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 12:35 PM
 
11,559 posts, read 6,896,090 times
Reputation: 21244
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Boyfriends have killed a lot of kids.

It's sad mothers don't get this.
And even more haven't, so I'm not sure what your point is. Should single mothers not date because of the rare chance that the guy might turn out to be a psychopath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 12:36 PM
 
18,312 posts, read 15,395,236 times
Reputation: 34519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A 19-year-old has a gf with a 4-year-old daughter.? Assuming the woman is his age, not older, it means she was pregnant at 14?

Where are the parents of these people? Why is there so little info in the article? Do either of these teens have jobs?
There’s no reason to assume her age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Status: "New home" (set 12 days ago)
 
Location: You call this living?
3,381 posts, read 1,355,535 times
Reputation: 8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There’s no reason to assume her age.
True. Mom could be 35 with a thing for younger men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 02:25 PM
 
18,312 posts, read 15,395,236 times
Reputation: 34519
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
True. Mom could be 35 with a thing for younger men.

Or she could be 22 or 23, just a couple years older than him, which is very common. So she'd have been 17 or 18 when she had the little girl. Still too young, but no reason to assume she was 14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
20,487 posts, read 20,907,358 times
Reputation: 20734
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Your first priority as a Mother is to take care of your child and to be sure your child is safe. She has to take some of the blame.
Many mothers and fathers leave their children with people, family members, teachers, nannies, etc. believing they are in good hands. Sometimes it is not so.
Life is cruel that way. Unless she knew of prior abuse or suspected abuse I dont see how the blame is on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 03:53 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
17,939 posts, read 22,253,073 times
Reputation: 45960
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Your first priority as a Mother is to take care of your child and to be sure your child is safe. She has to take some of the blame.
YES it is. I never left my children with anyone I had not known over a period of time. I used a couple of teen baby sitters from our church, who's parents I knew, for quick movie and quick meal out nights.
NO longer than two hours. And, we were 10-20 minutes away.

The girls were both honors students who volunteered in the church nursery. Would I have used them for ALL DAY BABYSITTING? - NEVER.

First of all, as with any responsible teenagers, they were in school. Second, no. Sixteen and seventeen year old girls do not have the stamina, patients, and maturity to take full care of "young children". They are "old children" themselves.

The problem here is this "man" was a teenager himself, and I am guessing so was the mother.
I will also wager that neither one were honor students, volunteer workers, or generally responsible members of society.

What happened was a "young child" broke the toy of an "old child".

Children should NOT be having children! If that happens, they should not be living alone with them, because stuff like this happens more often than not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Gallup, NM
83 posts, read 16,947 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
The other inmates will be lining up to put juice in HIS XBox!
Actually, considering he killed a baby, they'll be more inclined to put their shank in his heart. Child killers do not last in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top