U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2019, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Out West
21,323 posts, read 15,915,794 times
Reputation: 24847

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And even more haven't, so I'm not sure what your point is. Should single mothers not date because of the rare chance that the guy might turn out to be a psychopath?
She can date, but maybe she doesn't need to be bringing every guy home that she's been "going out with" for a month or longer. Putting her boyfriend in charge of watching her kid is not a smart thing to do because the guy might turn out to be a psychopath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2019, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,621 posts, read 50,765,766 times
Reputation: 68241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And even more haven't, so I'm not sure what your point is. Should single mothers not date because of the rare chance that the guy might turn out to be a psychopath?
I would advocate that if this single mother (or custodial parent of whichever gender) has time to date, they keep that part of their lives separate from their kids.

There is TONS of both psychological and criminal evidence to support this practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,727 posts, read 44,094,187 times
Reputation: 19624
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
When you tolerate 3rd world culture, you're going to get that kind of behavior from time to time.
What's that supposed to mean? Don't mince words - tell us what you're actually thinking, instead of trying to be all coy about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,727 posts, read 44,094,187 times
Reputation: 19624
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It's frustrating; isn't it?

I don't mean with specifically just this story either but most of them recently. Media is not "reporting" the news as much as they are "regurgitating" it; probably from the Media/Press pages or Blotters on most law enforcement & court reporter websites, which are generally public access anyway.
Yeah, because they can face criminal prosecution for reporting certain facts before the trial... would YOU be willing to risk fines and/or jail time over reporting the news? Doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 07:35 PM
 
18,328 posts, read 15,418,219 times
Reputation: 34559
She was a beautiful little girl. I canít even imagine what she endured before death. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...h-13851555.amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Out West
21,323 posts, read 15,915,794 times
Reputation: 24847
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She was a beautiful little girl. I canít even imagine what she endured before death. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...h-13851555.amp
Take one look at that loser pos, there's no way I would trust him around my kids (if I had any). Yeah, he looks responsible.

Also, it reported that this loser trash was the one who made those past injuries to the child...still nothing on the mom that shows any blame...except for the fact that she clearly makes extremely bad decisions, over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 PM
 
11,565 posts, read 6,910,335 times
Reputation: 21268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Take one look at that loser pos, there's no way I would trust him around my kids (if I had any). Yeah, he looks responsible.
He looks like a typical 19 year old guy. I don't see how you can determine how responsible he is from his looks. it's not like he has a face covered in tattoos, missing teeth, or obvious signs of drug use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 08:44 PM
 
Location: San Josť, CA
3,048 posts, read 5,606,472 times
Reputation: 2373
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
When you tolerate 3rd world culture, you're going to get that kind of behavior from time to time.
What exactly is 3rd world culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 04:07 PM
 
679 posts, read 540,264 times
Reputation: 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
YES it is. I never left my children with anyone I had not known over a period of time. I used a couple of teen baby sitters from our church, who's parents I knew, for quick movie and quick meal out nights.
NO longer than two hours. And, we were 10-20 minutes away.

The girls were both honors students who volunteered in the church nursery. Would I have used them for ALL DAY BABYSITTING? - NEVER.

First of all, as with any responsible teenagers, they were in school. Second, no. Sixteen and seventeen year old girls do not have the stamina, patients, and maturity to take full care of "young children". They are "old children" themselves.

The problem here is this "man" was a teenager himself, and I am guessing so was the mother.
I will also wager that neither one were honor students, volunteer workers, or generally responsible members of society.

What happened was a "young child" broke the toy of an "old child".

Children should NOT be having children! If that happens, they should not be living alone with them, because stuff like this happens more often than not.
Can't rep you enough.
Kids should never be having kids, or at least should not be raising them on their own, no matter how politically incorrect this may sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Out West
21,323 posts, read 15,915,794 times
Reputation: 24847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
He looks like a typical 19 year old guy. I don't see how you can determine how responsible he is from his looks. it's not like he has a face covered in tattoos, missing teeth, or obvious signs of drug use.
Then you don't know much about people. You can tell a lot by reading their faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top