U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 12:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 27,106,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
The reporters that we rely on to ask the relevant questions, however; seem to be utilizing a new "140 characters or less" style of communication that I easily recognize as similar to the way my teenage daughters communicate. Except my teenagers seem to have more reliable sources. As if it were possible to further lower my expectations from the media.
That's because the vast majority of what's posted in this forum is from the tabloids. The tabloids have always had the lowest of standards, and the internet has probably caused them to go even lower.

The "media" source listed in the OP for this story is from an Australian tabloid that's notorious for posting the worst kind of clickbait. I'm not sure why anyone expects "reporters" from tabloids to ask relevant questions. They never have before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 06:40 AM

14,138 posts, read 5,600,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
When you tolerate 3rd world culture, you're going to get that kind of behavior from time to time.
3rd-world culture? Do you mean, like, the welfare moms living in shacks in Appalachia? The trailer park parents getting high, while their kids run amok? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I think those people get a bit wild when interrupted reading books on parenting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That's for sure. He doesn't look like a typical 19 year old guy to me.
I was quite surprised. I was expecting the 19 year old to be a college sophomore at Northwestern University, who was stressed out over studying.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 AM

75,079 posts, read 66,748,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Huh? You claim there is too little information, and now you are wanting to claim the mother was raped at 14. Where did you come up with that? Where did you find the mothers age? I didn't see that in any of the articles.
This is why we need more information.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:32 PM

250 posts, read 102,017 times
I've always been a Sony fanboy, but this really seals the deal.

But in all seriousness, it's really sad how this happens on a fairly regular basis. Some stupid, angry, violent man (or woman) beats a small child to death over something trivial. I've seen a lot of these cases over the years. Always horrible to hear about.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:43 PM

570 posts, read 594,212 times
There's a lot of ignorance and judgment going on in this thread regarding the child's mother, and teen parents in general. It's absolutely disgusting what happened to this poor 4 year old child and the boyfriend deserves whatever hell is coming to him, but please stop acting like this kind of thing only happens when when a teenage mother is involved (assuming that's even the case). There have been plenty of cases where full grown women have been with men who killed their kids. Hell, there have been plenty of cases where full grown women or men killed their OWN kids. I hate when people put down girls who have kids at a young age. Usually, they didn't have the best lives themselves. Despite what some of you seem to think, teenage moms aren't all horrible mothers, nor are they acting like they're from a "third world country" (whatever the hell that's code for). My mom was a teenage mother. We all have the same dad, and my parents were together for over 50 years until my dad passed away last year. My sister and I are both successful professionals with graduate degrees. My brother chose not to go to college, but he still built a successful life for himself, including his wife of 30 years and their 2 kids. But you rarely hear about those of us who overcome the odds and actually make something of ourselves. Is being a teenage parent an ideal situation for the parent or the children involved? Of course not. Does it mean you're some kind of sub-human who never should have had your children? Again, of course not. Some of you need to stop looking down your noses at other people. Too many of you seem to easily forget about the horrors that take place in your own backyards, with so-called age-appropriate parents who are seemingly living the "perfect" American life (Chris Watts, anyone?).

Old 02-01-2019, 06:23 PM

7,654 posts, read 2,874,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
There's a lot of ignorance and judgment going on in this thread regarding the child's mother, and teen parents in general. It's absolutely disgusting what happened to this poor 4 year old child and the boyfriend deserves whatever hell is coming to him, but please stop acting like this kind of thing only happens when when a teenage mother is involved (assuming that's even the case). There have been plenty of cases where full grown women have been with men who killed their kids. Hell, there have been plenty of cases where full grown women or men killed their OWN kids. I hate when people put down girls who have kids at a young age.
Agree. That's part of the problem also, with with so many teen moms are pressured to give their babies up for adoption, even though they want to provide for the child themselves.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM

23,649 posts, read 22,601,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think those people get a bit wild when interrupted reading books on parenting.
I was quite surprised. I was expecting the 19 year old to be a college sophomore at Northwestern University, who was stressed out over studying.
The dead eyes didn't surprise me, but I wondered who would date or mate with him. Don't answer.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:09 PM

5,411 posts, read 1,466,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
I've always been a Sony fanboy, but this really seals the deal.

But in all seriousness, it's really sad how this happens on a fairly regular basis. Some stupid, angry, violent man (or woman) beats a small child to death over something trivial. I've seen a lot of these cases over the years. Always horrible to hear about.
Itís just the sick world we live in, where parents kill their own kids and kids kill their own parents.

I would imagine it doesnít happen often but still too often than it should.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:24 PM

11,694 posts, read 6,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
There's a lot of ignorance and judgment going on in this thread regarding the child's mother, and teen parents in general. It's absolutely disgusting what happened to this poor 4 year old child and the boyfriend deserves whatever hell is coming to him, but please stop acting like this kind of thing only happens when when a teenage mother is involved (assuming that's even the case). There have been plenty of cases where full grown women have been with men who killed their kids.
Exactly. It happened about a month, not too far from where I live. The woman's 46 year old boyfriend killed her, her mother, and her two children. She was 36 and the children were 8 and 10. She wasn't a teen mom, and was previously married. Her husband died of cancer about a year ago. And as you brought up, Chris Watts killed his wife and his own children.

It is horrifying what happened to this child, but it has nothing to do with the mother's age (which we don't even know!).

Old 02-02-2019, 12:46 AM

4,902 posts, read 5,970,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Boyfriends have killed a lot of kids.

It's sad mothers don't get this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
I don't have much to say but, as someone who suffered regular beatings as a young girl at the hands of her parents, my heart aches for this child.
Your suffering makes my heart ache. Bless you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She was a beautiful little girl. I canít even imagine what she endured before death. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...h-13851555.amp
She was absolutely enchanting. I hope this person suffers horribly in his incarceration. His eyes are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
3rd-world culture? Do you mean, like, the welfare moms living in shacks in Appalachia? The trailer park parents getting high, while their kids run amok? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I have heard this term an awful lot lately and it gets under my skin. How about reading what regions Appalachia covers. It's not all coal mining country in which the mining companies kept the miners in abject poverty forever......bast ards. I have a daughter who owns a second home in Tenn., a dil whose family owns a large farm in Kentucky, a husband from PA who is a degreed accountant. Not all Appalachia is poverty stricken but the coal mining regions have been for 150 years.

Instead of all the illegal immigrates that we are feeding, clothing, extending medical aid, overburdening our schools and medical systems, maybe we should first take care of our own in this country.

https://www.arc.gov/appalachian_regi...hianregion.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
(snipped)

Some on this thread would have us believe this doesn't happen that often. They might try following some of the websites that tracks child abuse and deaths. I once had the links for several but it grew too much for me to read. I had to stop. They were all true cases. I worked with the Guardian Ad Litem program in my state for some time and I saw this type of thing routinely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The dead eyes didn't surprise me, but I wondered who would date or mate with him. Don't answer.
Amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events