U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 12:59 AM

12,146 posts, read 10,032,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
There's a lot of ignorance and judgment going on in this thread regarding the child's mother, and teen parents in general. It's absolutely disgusting what happened to this poor 4 year old child and the boyfriend deserves whatever hell is coming to him, but please stop acting like this kind of thing only happens when when a teenage mother is involved (assuming that's even the case). There have been plenty of cases where full grown women have been with men who killed their kids. Hell, there have been plenty of cases where full grown women or men killed their OWN kids. I hate when people put down girls who have kids at a young age. Usually, they didn't have the best lives themselves. Despite what some of you seem to think, teenage moms aren't all horrible mothers, nor are they acting like they're from a "third world country" (whatever the hell that's code for). My mom was a teenage mother. We all have the same dad, and my parents were together for over 50 years until my dad passed away last year. My sister and I are both successful professionals with graduate degrees. My brother chose not to go to college, but he still built a successful life for himself, including his wife of 30 years and their 2 kids. But you rarely hear about those of us who overcome the odds and actually make something of ourselves. Is being a teenage parent an ideal situation for the parent or the children involved? Of course not. Does it mean you're some kind of sub-human who never should have had your children? Again, of course not. Some of you need to stop looking down your noses at other people. Too many of you seem to easily forget about the horrors that take place in your own backyards, with so-called age-appropriate parents who are seemingly living the "perfect" American life (Chris Watts, anyone?).
I'm with you. Though I do think women who leave their children (especially teenage daughters) alone with grown men they haven't known very long do deserve blame, for the most part the public scapegoats the women while letting the men off the hook. There are way too many insecure, psychotic men who are emotional cripples and can't deal with any form of adversity in their lives without lashing out violently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 01:11 AM

11,694 posts, read 6,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Some on this thread would have us believe this doesn't happen that often.
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone on this thread claiming that child abuse is rare.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:10 PM

23,649 posts, read 22,601,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone on this thread claiming that child abuse is rare.
I don't think anyone did, but it's in Current Events. It's always been a current event.

Old Today, 07:36 PM

1,673 posts, read 1,339,867 times
Default Not letting BFs babysit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And even more haven't, so I'm not sure what your point is. Should single mothers not date because of the rare chance that the guy might turn out to be a psychopath?

I wonder why so many single mothers leave their children with boyfriends to babysit? Most women state they have been sexually abused at some point before adulthood. Yet, they so freely allow boys or men sex partners who are just passing through their lives to babysit their child(ren). Especially keeping their little girls. Why can't these women connect the dots? It's not quantum physics.

I'm a woman but I will never understand why my sex does this and I will never understand why men/boys beat, rape, or beat and rape someone but especially why they do this to little children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events