Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 02:17 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

US prosecutors say they'll seek a life sentence for a suburban Chicago man accused of beating a four-year-old girl to death after she spilled juice on an Xbox video console.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/14/...ox-juice-spill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 02:32 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
A 19-year-old has a gf with a 4-year-old daughter.? Assuming the woman is his age, not older, it means she was pregnant at 14?

Where are the parents of these people? Why is there so little info in the article? Do either of these teens have jobs?

Old 01-13-2019, 02:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A 19-year-old has a gf with a 4-year-old daughter.? Assuming the woman is his age, not older, it means she was pregnant at 14?

Where are the parents of these people? Why is there so little info in the article? Do either of these teens have jobs?
Why does any of that matter? The mother wasn't even home, the boyfriend was babysitting.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:53 PM

8,758 posts, read 5,055,756 times
jobs! Who cares.....Give them both the chair.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:20 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Why is there so little info in the article?
More here: https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...112-story.html

Old 01-13-2019, 03:33 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why does any of that matter? The mother wasn't even home, the boyfriend was babysitting.
It might mean that the mother is also young. Maybe younger than 18 years old. I also couldn't find any info on the age of the mother. The little girl's name was released, her picture, etc but the mother's info was not.

Also, it looks like the mother was covering for the boyfriend or was just plain DUMB!.

"The girl died a few days later at Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago, after a surgical attempt to relieve swelling of her brain was not successful, Scheller said. He said doctors noted signs of previous shaking and abuse likely going back months."

“Officers were initially told that the child received the injury from a falling while in her apartment in the 1600 block of Sunset Avenue,” the statement said, adding that the girl was brought to the hospital “by the mother and Johnathan Fair.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...112-story.html

Old 01-13-2019, 03:50 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
It might mean that the mother is also young. Maybe younger than 18 years old. I also couldn't find any info on the age of the mother. The little girl's name was released, her picture, etc but the mother's info was not.

Also, it looks like the mother was covering for the boyfriend or was just plain DUMB!.

"The girl died a few days later at Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago, after a surgical attempt to relieve swelling of her brain was not successful, Scheller said. He said doctors noted signs of previous shaking and abuse likely going back months."

“Officers were initially told that the child received the injury from a falling while in her apartment in the 1600 block of Sunset Avenue,” the statement said, adding that the girl was brought to the hospital “by the mother and Johnathan Fair.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...112-story.html
The mother wasn't home when it happened. The boyfriend is the one who claimed her injuries were from falling. If my child was severely injured, I would just want to get them to the hospital as quickly as possible. Afterwards would be the time to start asking questions about what exactly happened, especially once you're at the hospital and realize just how bad the child has been injured.

It does not seem like the mother is being charged for anything, so I'm not sure why everyone is wanting to put blame on the mother instead of the POS who actually killed the child.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:22 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
US prosecutors say they'll seek a life sentence for a suburban Chicago man accused of beating a four-year-old girl to death after she spilled juice on an Xbox video console.

Nineteen year old father and the child was his girlfriend's daughter? Why was he even living there?

This happens FAR TOO FREQUENTLY - kid of young, unmarried parent, beaten to death by mom's BF.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:35 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,258,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Life sentence? WTH? I suppose some fool actually believes this monster can be reahabilitated as well? If I said what I really thought should happen to this animal I’m pretty sure I’d be banned.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:24 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Quote:
Why is there so little info in the article?
Because sources like these understand that the less info there, the more viral they will go. The other reason is because the case hasn't gone to trial yet, and the media can't report what has not been entered into evidence yet.

Prosecutors always demend the most extreme punishment, that's how they become governor some day. In my opinion, extreme murder punishment is not reasonable if what the perp did was not intended or likely to cause death.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence"

Last edited by cebuan; 01-13-2019 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events