Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 07:56 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
US prosecutors say they'll seek a life sentence for a suburban Chicago man accused of beating a four-year-old girl to death after she spilled juice on an Xbox video console.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/14/...ox-juice-spill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A 19-year-old has a gf with a 4-year-old daughter.? Assuming the woman is his age, not older, it means she was pregnant at 14?

Where are the parents of these people? Why is there so little info in the article? Do either of these teens have jobs?

When you tolerate 3rd world culture, you're going to get that kind of behavior from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 10:42 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,501 times
Quote:
A 19-year-old has a gf with a 4-year-old daughter.? Assuming the woman is his age, not older, it means she was pregnant at 14?

Where are the parents of these people? Why is there so little info in the article? Do either of these teens have jobs?
You mean 'parent', and even then the term applies very loosely.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:51 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Life sentence? WTH? I suppose some fool actually believes this monster can be reahabilitated as well? If I said what I really thought should happen to this animal I’m pretty sure I’d be banned.
I have an idea of what you might be thinking. Honestly, it's a thought that I myself would hold.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:39 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,680 times
The other inmates will be lining up to put juice in HIS XBox!

Old 01-14-2019, 12:46 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:

My bio mom had her first kid at 14. That was a few years ago...ahem. She had 5 kids by the time she was 21. It doesn't usually work out well for kids when the parents are that young.

Too many little kids get killed by their mother's boyfriends - there is failure all around.

This is sickening:

Quote:
Scheller added the abuse allegedly including kicking her down a hallway of the home.
I will never understand the level of anger that someone must have to do this to a child - let alone for an innocent mistake. She was 4. Four year olds spill things. Maybe he should have not been an idiot and put the console up where she couldn't get near it, fricken moron.

The other inmates don't take kindly to child beaters - so guards or not, eventually someone is going to get him.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:20 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It does not seem like the mother is being charged for anything, so I'm not sure why everyone is wanting to put blame on the mother instead of the POS who actually killed the child.
Your first priority as a Mother is to take care of your child and to be sure your child is safe. She has to take some of the blame.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:29 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Your first priority as a Mother is to take care of your child and to be sure your child is safe. She has to take some of the blame.
Agreed!....I guarantee she knew this punk was a POS.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:06 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,539,370 times
I hope he receives the same treatment by the inmates in prison. Rot in hell you monster!

Old 01-14-2019, 05:04 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I agree. Also, doctors state that their is evidence of prior abuse. So either the momma was pretty dumb or didn't care what he did to her. (or hell maybe she was abusing the kid herself)

Old 01-14-2019, 07:50 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,096,551 times
Quote:

It's frustrating; isn't it?

I don't mean with specifically just this story either but most of them recently. Media is not "reporting" the news as much as they are "regurgitating" it; probably from the Media/Press pages or Blotters on most law enforcement & court reporter websites, which are generally public access anyway.

Here on CD; many frequent posters on Current Events are developing their own research skills in order to fill in those blanks that reporters used to fill, without the benefit of a snappy outfit, cameraman & press pass.

It's not the fault of any of the CE OPs. That's sort of the context of this sub-forum; we discuss what has been reported.

The reporters that we rely on to ask the relevant questions, however; seem to be utilizing a new "140 characters or less" style of communication that I easily recognize as similar to the way my teenage daughters communicate. Except my teenagers seem to have more reliable sources. As if it were possible to further lower my expectations from the media.

I guess we get to the bottom of it eventually; 140 pages later but this is why we see ordinary people, such as Kelsey Berreth's mother; go to such extraordinary lengths to communicate with the public on her terms. Imagine if it were a case close to your heart, where seconds count & you have to rely on answers from random people who may have seen or heard something ... but nobody even knows what the question is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events