Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:17 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Did she really see her son's ghost? Who knows, but if this brought this woman comfort then I am so happy for her. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child.
She didn't see the ghost. The camera did, and generated an "alert" that a "person" was in the room, then sent her the image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 02:46 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,120,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She didn't see the ghost. The camera did, and generated an "alert" that a "person" was in the room, then sent her the image.
I know. I just didn't want to write all of that out, but now I have typed out even more in order to more further explain myself.

So: Did she really see her son's ghost on the security camera when she recieved an alert that her security camera had been triggered? Who knows, but if this brought this woman comfort then I am so happy for her. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child.

Better now?

Old 01-19-2019, 02:56 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,769,504 times
I don't know if that image was her deceased son, it seems convincing on the surface that the faded image could have been her son. Either way, it is an interesting story full of emotion.

I do believe some of us experience "the unexplained" out there at some point in our lives.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:25 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
First my condolences.

Unfortunately her son died of an overdose. The picture was fuzzy; it wasn't a clear picture. My thinking is that her son could have owed money for the drugs he was taking. Instead of thinking this was a supernatural event; I would be quick to check and see if anything was missing. I am glad that she feels her son is still with her; I just hope her son's problems are still not with her.

I don't have much sympathy for people who choose to stick a needle in their arm.
Society is treating it like it's a disease similar to cancer or ALS....nobody's fault...just a bad turn of events.Lets give them free Narcan @ $40 a dose while people who are really sick have to struggle

Old 01-19-2019, 07:26 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
I don't have much sympathy for people who choose to stick a needle in their arm.
Society is treating it like it's a disease similar to cancer or ALS....nobody's fault...just a bad turn of events.Lets give them free Narcan @ $40 a dose while people who are really sick have to struggle
I just do not like people to immediately rule out all natural possibilities and turn to the paranormal. People that do drugs very rarely tell their families about their problems. If this young man did; then he probably would still be here. There is a good chance that the security camera did take a picture; but not of a ghost. It could have been one of her son's friends looking to see if there was a stash left behind? Or it could have been a supplier that figured he would catch up with some money her son owed?

As far as the cost of drug addiction: There are contractors refurbishing an old resort close to my house. It will be a drug rehab center. The cost of staying there is someplace around $20K to $30K/month. We know that addicts and their families do not have that kind of money. I would imagine that most of that money will come from the taxpayers. Of course we can argue how much an untreated addict cost each one of us; but that is a debate for the Politics and Controversy thread.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:08 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I just do not like people to immediately rule out all natural possibilities and turn to the paranormal. People that do drugs very rarely tell their families about their problems. If this young man did; then he probably would still be here. There is a good chance that the security camera did take a picture; but not of a ghost. It could have been one of her son's friends looking to see if there was a stash left behind? Or it could have been a supplier that figured he would catch up with some money her son owed?
If it were a live person in the house, why wouldn't the photo have shown a clear image of that?

Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If it were a live person in the house, why wouldn't the photo have shown a clear image of that?
I have security cameras that shoot clear pictures and I have ones that shoot cloudy pictures. There are many variables that can cause cloudy pictures. Spider webs are great at causing a cloudy picture and the small spider can trigger a notification that there is movement. Other insects and moths can also trigger those notifications and larger birds and small mammals will do the same. Moisture can affect the clarity and that camera was located around the sink. During food preparation water or food could have been splattered on the lens? We had outside proximity detectors for our driveway and we would get insects directly on the small window for the infrared detector thus giving us a false alarm. Direct bright sunlight can also affect the pictures we see.

If it helps this woman over her grief; I am glad that she still thinks her son is with her. I just worry when we overlook the usual in favor of a paranormal explanation.

If a ghost was really there do you not think it would have chosen a more direct approach to be close to it's mother or father? Or do you think that YouTube would be more important?

Old 01-19-2019, 10:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I always wondered if apparitions like this was from residual energy from a past timeline, being seen when conditions are somehow right. Maybe the wavelength of this energy is more easily picked up by cameras. There are similar stories with the Kinect device.
I totally believe in energy being present in our world that only some are lucky enough to witness.

January 19, 2012, 2:30 a.m., I was watching TV and something made me look up towards the ceiling. There, in space, between the ceiling and floor was bright, floating mass of energy. I knew immediately it was my husband. He had come to say goodbye. I felt love and warmth. I said goodbye to him and told him I loved him. Another few seconds and it was gone. He died at 2:30a.m. I know what I saw was real. No one can ever tell me I had imagined it.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:34 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,121,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I totally believe in energy being present in our world that only some are lucky enough to witness.

January 19, 2012, 2:30 a.m., I was watching TV and something made me look up towards the ceiling. There, in space, between the ceiling and floor was bright, floating mass of energy. I knew immediately it was my husband. He had come to say goodbye. I felt love and warmth. I said goodbye to him and told him I loved him. Another few seconds and it was gone. He died at 2:30a.m. I know what I saw was real. No one can ever tell me I had imagined it.
I believe you. April 2017 - I got a very strong and vivid feeling of my MIL's presence. It felt like she was watching us. I thought to tell my husband to call his mother. I did not say anything because it was late. A few minutes later the phone rang. My BIL called to tell my husband that my MIL had choked to death.

A few days after my FIL died from cancer, my husband and I were in our bedroom with the door open. I heard my daughter's musical carousel playing. I went down the hall to investigate and right before I entered her bedroom the music stopped. My husband was standing just outside of our bedroom and he saw an orb of light. The light circled and then dissipated. He felt like it was his father's presence. My FIL liked to play with the carousel when he visited.

Old 01-19-2019, 03:13 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,073,704 times
This belongs in the wacky-woo forum, the laws of physics do not permit the existence of 'ghosts'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events