Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 06:20 PM

29,446 posts, read 22,374,044 times

Advertisements

Good for her, especially at her age.

She and her family also use all parts of the animals so it does not go to waste.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/two-...003753973.html

Quote:
Her luck changed a few days after birthday.

Vickers celebrated turning 101 and was back in her hunting blind, hoping for a chance to harvest a deer.

And this time, she was ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 08:31 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,732,329 times
I'm kind of sorry to express this, because I like you, Suburban guy.

But I have to say, this picture is disturbing. It's disturbing to take photos of dead animals with their bloody tongues hanging out, as if we are insensitive conquerers. It's disturbing to take pictures of stringers of fish, as conquerers. I see it, and see it, and see it. Bloody animals, bloody fish on stringers, with smiling people, giggling people.

I get it. We're carnivores, as I am. I'm just disturbed to see dead animals and fish on stringers and smiling joyful proud conquerers.

IMHO, this will be the next generation's WHAT??? issue. Just as those of this generation can't understand slavery, and can't understand different water fountains and restrooms for blacks vs whites, and can't understand hating or killing gays, and wonder why in the world Germany turned their backs on Jews, I think the next generation won't understand giggling and bragging, and taking pictures with dead animals bloody and their tongues sticking out.

It just seems we need to be more respectful of the dead animals we've killed to eat. Enough giggling and bragging, and ignoring their painful deaths.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:13 PM

32,788 posts, read 36,039,563 times
Wow. I've never heard of that happening before. I guess it has, but I've never read it.

She's in amazing shape for her age. She's not wearing glasses, either.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:48 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,427,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

But I have to say, this picture is disturbing. It's disturbing to take photos of dead animals with their bloody tongues hanging out, as if we are insensitive conquerers. It's disturbing to take pictures of stringers of fish, as conquerers. I see it, and see it, and see it. Bloody animals, bloody fish on stringers, with smiling people, giggling people.

I get it. We're carnivores, as I am. I'm just disturbed to see dead animals and fish on stringers and smiling joyful proud conquerers.

IMHO, this will be the next generation's WHAT??? issue. Just as those of this generation can't understand slavery, and can't understand different water fountains and restrooms for blacks vs whites, and can't understand hating or killing gays, and wonder why in the world Germany turned their backs on Jews, I think the next generation won't understand giggling and bragging, and taking pictures with dead animals bloody and their tongues sticking out.

It just seems we need to be more respectful of the dead animals we've killed to eat. Enough giggling and bragging, and ignoring their painful deaths.
WTH?! Are... you... kidding... me? That's creepy as hell!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:58 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,537,171 times
I agree with ClaraC, and why the hell is this in current events?

Old 01-19-2019, 09:08 AM

37,465 posts, read 45,685,843 times
Quote:

Oh Lord. Seriously? A lion or a giraffe...I agree is wrong. But this is a DEER. Hunting and killing animals for food is a completely natural thing. Don’t make it into something it isn’t.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:26 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,427,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh Lord. Seriously? A lion or a giraffe...I agree is wrong. But this is a DEER. Hunting and killing animals for food is a completely natural thing. Don’t make it into something it isn’t.
Yup. Unless someone is a complete vegetarian they shouldn't take offense to this at all.

Does the Colonel (KFC) not display photos of his dead, battered chickens? I'm sure he's proud of what he's done too, and not the slightest bit guilty for feeding the masses from the slaughter.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:28 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,168,891 times
Quote:

So 101 and still good at killing and destroying life. Lovely.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:34 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,867,413 times
Hunting wild animals properly is so much more humane than factory farms and slaughterhouses. She is proud to be able to feed her family and provide for them, I'm sure, not a bloodthirsty madwoman who thrills to the sight of blood. There is a huge, huge difference between some dentist grinning over a murdered lion and a person feeding their family or others.

I understand the moral stance on vegetarianism and veganism despite being an omnivore myself, but meat is meat, and only people with very big blinders on can think plastic-wrapped, packaged meat started out as something other than a dead, bloody animal. I've smiled and felt proud when my Thanksgiving turkey came out perfect last year.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:48 AM

3,007 posts, read 3,113,197 times
Wonder what the bag limit is where she is, she could be in trouble if she is only allowed one deer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events