Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 07:29 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,534 times

Advertisements

I have the same attitude. I find these pictures repulsive. I'm not from another planet. I think the people who pose for pictures with dead animals are more than a little creepy.

Not a vegan. Not a fan of PETA. I just don't like to see death trivialized and glorified.

At 101, she could be helping disadvantaged children to read, or volunteering at an animal shelter. Something life affirming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I have the same attitude. I find these pictures repulsive. I'm not from another planet. I think the people who pose for pictures with dead animals are more than a little creepy.

Not a vegan. Not a fan of PETA. I just don't like to see death trivialized and glorified.

At 101, she could be helping disadvantaged children to read, or volunteering at an animal shelter. Something life affirming.

Could you assign forced approved activities for other age groups as well?

It seems some of you are so unbelievably far removed from life, death, and actual involvement in the process of acquiring and processing animals for food, that you have aquired ridiculously sensitive traits in regards to the natural world.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes. It obviously does exist. And not only does it exist, it's prevalent. Most "scary" to people who are confounded by this "attitude" is that OUR attitude is growing, especially among younger people.

I go as far as to say this "attitude" is the prevailing attitude.

People who are OK with this and celebrate this are in the distinct minority.

And many omnivores are also disgusted with this "attitude".

I am neither vegan or vegetarian.

A friend who is a real estate broker broker told me that it's become increasingly difficult to sell and show homes that display taxidermy. She asks people to remove them because they turn off buyers.

People just don't find dead animal heads to be tasteful or cheerful. They find it sad.

I do too.
That's fine.
To be so disconnected from the natural world that you want to force others behaviour to fit within your delicate sensibilities, is not.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 PM

1,052 posts, read 798,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Man there ought to not be any limits on white-tailed deer - at least not around here. They are so overpopulated it's just ridiculous. There is a body shop not far from me that gets most of its business from towing and repairing cars that have hit deer. My sister has hit one twice, my nephew once, my cousin totaled her car when she hit one. And if you talk to the farmers....oy vey!
Agree! We need to kill deer when they overpopulate. If we don't kill them, they will DIE!!!!

Old 01-20-2019, 09:54 PM

323 posts, read 218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm kind of sorry to express this, because I like you, Suburban guy.

But I have to say, this picture is disturbing. It's disturbing to take photos of dead animals with their bloody tongues hanging out, as if we are insensitive conquerers. It's disturbing to take pictures of stringers of fish, as conquerers. I see it, and see it, and see it. Bloody animals, bloody fish on stringers, with smiling people, giggling people.

I get it. We're carnivores, as I am. I'm just disturbed to see dead animals and fish on stringers and smiling joyful proud conquerers.

IMHO, this will be the next generation's WHAT??? issue. Just as those of this generation can't understand slavery, and can't understand different water fountains and restrooms for blacks vs whites, and can't understand hating or killing gays, and wonder why in the world Germany turned their backs on Jews, I think the next generation won't understand giggling and bragging, and taking pictures with dead animals bloody and their tongues sticking out.

It just seems we need to be more respectful of the dead animals we've killed to eat. Enough giggling and bragging, and ignoring their painful deaths.
I agree with you 100%. I eat meat yes but I hate those types of pictures. Who cares how old she is. Its evil.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:57 PM

323 posts, read 218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh Lord. Seriously? A lion or a giraffe...I agree is wrong. But this is a DEER. Hunting and killing animals for food is a completely natural thing. Don’t make it into something it isn’t.
who cares if its a deer. Its the same thing. A killing for no good reason.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:41 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:

You have no idea what she does or doesn't do.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallie225 View Post
I agree with you 100%. I eat meat yes but I hate those types of pictures. Who cares how old she is. Its evil.
"Evil"? That is beyond nonsense.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:54 AM

If weak kneed opinions are the "majority" and if "progress" means becoming so sensitive; that you denounce those people that do appreciate the most basic level of existence and human survival (such as a hunt), then I fear for the future of humankind.

Quote:
. I find these pictures repulsive. I'm not from another planet. I think the people who pose for pictures with dead animals are more than a little creepy.

This planet:

Old 01-21-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You have no idea what she does or doesn't do.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events