Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 06:57 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

I am so embarrassed as an American. What a disgusting creature. I think it's largely true, why would they lie about it?

I know how this would have been handled in Russia. He'd have a boot in his @@@.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 07:38 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Put him on no-fly list. No way in he## would I have let it get that far if I was FA. I wouldn't have helped remove his pants. Let him soil himself. If he needed cleaning afterwards, hand him an adult diaper and say wear this and clean yourself after arrival. He was playing them. Who wipes his butt when not on a plane?

Old 01-22-2019, 07:52 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What amazes me is the unprofessional way the article in the New York Post was written.
That's because it's a tabloid paper... which also means I'd take the article's details with a grain of salt, unless we find another (more reliable) source to confirm the story.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That's because it's a tabloid paper... which also means I'd take the article's details with a grain of salt, unless we find another (more reliable) source to confirm the story.
Exactly- Fake news!

Old 01-22-2019, 08:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
I can't believe I opened this noise.

C-D posters do love the tabloids.

A simple Google search shows absolutely no legit sources for this.

Quote:
I think it's largely true, why would they lie about it?
Clickbait. These kind of outlandish things gets clicks, and the more clicks a site gets, the more they can charge for ad revenue.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 01-22-2019 at 08:42 PM..

Old 01-22-2019, 08:40 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I can't believe I opened this noise.
Clickbait. This kind of outlandish things gets clicks, and the more clicks a site gets, the more they can charge for ad revenue.
Aaaand we both fell for it! The title of the thread got our attention, just like the article's title "baited" anyone who saw it online. That's how they get us.

Difference between us and some people, however, is that we stopped to consider the source once we opened it. Way too many people these days just grab the link and run with it, which is how misinformation spreads like wildfire.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:24 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Aaaand we both fell for it! The title of the thread got our attention, just like the article's title "baited" anyone who saw it online. That's how they get us.

Difference between us and some people, however, is that we stopped to consider the source once we opened it. Way too many people these days just grab the link and run with it, which is how misinformation spreads like wildfire.
You wish it was clickbait. My link is legit. As is the story. As are the details already posted. This was a large part of the 24-hour news cycle in Taiwan for quite some time, and makes my life harder as a frequent legitimate business traveler on board these airlines and to these countries. I'm ashamed for my country, thanks to this scumbag.

Americans are increasingly being viewed as wastes of skin because we allow scum like this to leave our shores and take advantage of some societies' polite deference to foreigners. This needs to stop NOW.

He should be in a prison here, or--better yet--a Thai prison.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
https://chinapost.nownews.com/20190122-497992

This is the kindest English-language news I could find. If you can read Chinese, then you can see some much more unkind reporting and much more graphic details.

So here's the actual details, in order:

Last time, the passenger defecated on himself because no female crew member would "help" him.

During this flight:

First he demanded to be relocated from his 1 purchased coach-class seat to a full empty row. The flight crew complied because the flight had empty rows.

Then he demanded to use the business class toilet because he was uncomfortable in the coach toilet. Again, compliance.

Then he said his hand was injured from surgery, and repeatedly demanded, over her objections, that a female crew member help him pull down his underwear. She put a blanket over his genitals and donned surgical gloves to do so. He pulled off the blanket while she was trying to help him.

Then he demanded that the bathroom door remain open because of supposed claustrophobia. At this point, the flight crew is beseiged by complaints from their business-class passengers because of the commotion, sights, and stench.

Then he demanded to be wiped. Again, multiple objections from the female crewmember. Lots of yelling from this disgusting man, more furious business-class passengers.

Flight attendent finally put on 3 layers of gloves and wiped him, to end the crisis. During this, he made sure to expose himself, and made additional demands to wipe deeper.

Upon landing, he was wheeled to his connecting flight by a male assistant. He was taken to the bathroom. The male helper asked if he needed assistance with wiping. This guy said he didn't need any help.

So, no, nobody put a gun to her head. However this guy knows the social pressures and social/business hierarchy of Asian airlines and exploited it to pressure a hapless female flight attendant into a sexually abusive situation. Flight attendents are at the bottom rung on these airlines, and both passengers and their management regularly exploit their disadvantaged position. This is just a particular egregarious example.
Absolutely disgusting and abusive behavior, this guy has a fetish and found a way to make women join in. He probably couldn't get any volunteers in his pathetic life to wipe his butt and expose himself to (because who would want to?), so he found a way to force female flight attendants to - those stuck on an airplane with no real recourse in the moment, nowhere to flee from him, and with a bunch of angry customers getting mad if this guy isn't made happy because it starts to affect them as well in the little box they're stuck on for x hours. Like you said, he needs to never fly again on any airline for life and if I were a prosecutor in whatever country has jurisdiction I'd be looking for any possible charges I could make stick here.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
You wish it was clickbait. My link is legit. As is the story. As are the details already posted. This was a large part of the 24-hour news cycle in Taiwan for quite some time, and makes my life harder as a frequent legitimate business traveler on board these airlines and to these countries. I'm ashamed for my country, thanks to this scumbag.

Americans are increasingly being viewed as wastes of skin because we allow scum like this to leave our shores and take advantage of some societies' polite deference to foreigners. This needs to stop NOW.

I have no problem believing this disgusting incident, or some version of it, happened. Nonetheless, it was picked up by the tabloids because its sensationalistic nature makes for good clickbait. And if this was a large part of Taiwan's 24-hour news cycle, maybe their journalists are the ones who should be embarrassed.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:53 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:

Of course it’s not clickbait!

There is nothing about either your links or the link provided by the poster of post #17 that resembles fake news. The most notable thing; is that there is actually ... information.

Most of the current events news links recently are little on information, dependent on repetition & regurgitated from the same press release. It’s brief & sanitized. How interesting but ominous this is; that without the familiar TimeWarner framing; people get confused.

And it is on mainstream media; including Google. Thank you for your input, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events