U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

18,517 posts, read 15,527,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The Elwood school district — in the link posted by Clara C — says they are school nurses. They are authorized to do pt exams and decide whether or not to conference in a doctor.
In NJ all schools are required to have nurses. and they have to be RNs, not LPNs. Heck, they had an actual nurse when I was in school in the 60's an 70's. They aren't health aides. I think most states have nurses. What is a "health aide?".

I personally think its a travesty that they're charging her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

3,374 posts, read 2,953,619 times
Another Daily Mail article. Ignore or not as you wish.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aimed-son.html

I read this in the comments. Maybe true. Maybe not.

"Amensis, Indiana, United States, 20 minutes ago

Second hand from friends I grew up with in that town...he's living with a 97 year old family member who can't properly care for him and she didn't want to see the kid go into the foster system. If the "family" cared, they would be raising him, not an elderly family member."

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

2,559 posts, read 874,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
In NJ all schools are required to have nurses. and they have to be RNs, not LPNs. Heck, they had an actual nurse when I was in school in the 60's an 70's. They aren't health aides. I think most states have nurses. What is a "health aide?".

I personally think its a travesty that they're charging her.
NJ is not representative of the nation. Most elementary schools here and even some of the high schools might have less than 100 kids. No way do they incur the expense of a nurse let alone an RN.

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM

18,517 posts, read 15,527,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
NJ is not representative of the nation. Most elementary schools here and even some of the high schools might have less than 100 kids. No way do they incur the expense of a nurse let alone an RN.
Well less than 100 kids is different. We used to have a few kindergarten only schools that were that small, and they did not have a nurse. But kids in the district who have medical problems (of which there are many in public schools now) would be sent to a school that did have one. I imagine they must have someone in call, kids fall and get cut, many kids now need Ritalin or done other kind of medicine, etc. I canít imagine in todayís litigious climate, any teacher wanting to take the responsibility of tending to a childís cut or determining if heís sick enough to call Mom.

Old Today, 10:13 AM

43,646 posts, read 32,743,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/school-superi...061123606.html
and
https://fox59.com/2019/01/23/court-d...her-insurance/

She was charged with insurance fraud. Not sure how I feel about this. She was trying to help a student who clearly needed help.
She is the Superintendent of Elwood Community Schools with 1,725 students.

Does she take note of every student absence and follow up with a home visit?

The district, in partnership with a local rural hospital, maintains a school- based telehealth clinic available for students. It claims to not turn away any student due to a lack of insurance or funds.

http://www.elwood.k12.in.us/popular/...nic-flier/file

Old Today, 10:42 AM

6,177 posts, read 3,824,627 times
^Yes, we've been over that thoroughly several times. She has resigned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or