U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 06:38 PM

73 posts, read 29,633 times

Advertisements

https://news.yahoo.com/school-superi...061123606.html
and
https://fox59.com/2019/01/23/court-d...her-insurance/

She was charged with insurance fraud. Not sure how I feel about this. She was trying to help a student who clearly needed help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 PM

6,420 posts, read 3,499,229 times
Find a way that doesn't require committing a crime.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:52 PM

3,353 posts, read 2,938,164 times
I would think she would have access to other resources such as maybe a doctor friend who could see the child for free and maybe provide free samples for the medication. Got to wonder what is up with the child's parents. Why is she stepping in to help so much. Her heart is in the right place, but I think she needs to use legal means to get it done.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:56 PM

15,727 posts, read 9,108,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Find a way that doesn't require committing a crime.
Exactly. Hardly a life or death situation.

Zero sympathies from me, and why does she keep visiting his place of residence? It says she went one time to clean? I get a creepy vibe from this one.

At any rate, apparently she's been given an option to do a diversion program which, if she completes, she won't get the multiple charges.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 PM

20,976 posts, read 27,046,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I would think she would have access to other resources such as maybe a doctor friend who could see the child for free and maybe provide free samples for the medication. Got to wonder what is up with the child's parents. Why is she stepping in to help so much. Her heart is in the right place, but I think she needs to use legal means to get it done.
Although I agree she should have searched for an alternative, "doctor friends" rarely see patients for free.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:34 PM

6,057 posts, read 3,768,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Zero sympathies from me, and why does she keep visiting his place of residence? It says she went one time to clean? I get a creepy vibe from this one.
I get the feeling “she helped him clean his house” is a euphemism. <shudder>

Old Yesterday, 02:54 AM

12,437 posts, read 6,876,929 times
If she felt like playing hero she should have just paid the doctor visit herself. Antibiotics are often free at some pharmacies.

Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,699,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If she felt like playing hero she should have just paid the doctor visit herself. Antibiotics are often free at some pharmacies.

Amoxicillin is a $5 or $10 prescription & an office visit at this kind of care facility is maybe $75. The real issue is obtaining medical care without the parents knowledge or consent & the very real risk that the false identity provided (and false information provided to the healthcare provider) could have resulted in injuries or death for the child. Lots of people are allergic to various antibiotics - that reaction could be a rash or full-on anaphylaxis.

I think something more than a diversion program is in order due to the multiples of crimes committed.

Heaven forbid she got someone else's child an abortion or something using false information & forged consents.

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

5,190 posts, read 6,708,935 times
If child is poor, he should have qualified for child health plus or medicaid for free or nominal fee. Agree with above poster, paying for visit would have been far smarter than using insurance. She is a Superintendent making enough cash to easily pay for the visit and prescription.
I also must admit I cynically thought something more was to this relationship between her and the teen when I first heard the story. Sucks to have become so jaded because of the multiple stories about improper relationships between school personnel and students.

Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Status: "Was it for this my life I sought?" (set 22 days ago)

7,213 posts, read 2,761,553 times
Where were the superintendents like this when I was a kid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or