Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 11:04 PM

16,826 posts, read 15,055,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Well said. Anyone with any common sense knew exactly what you meant if you axe me.
Kind of wondering who is truly "triggered," considering these responses.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:38 PM

8,290 posts, read 2,905,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Well when someone says "typical" and you watch the vid, what would you guess they were talking about? I also took your response as baiting. My apologies if I was wrong.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:00 AM

11,587 posts, read 5,635,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I get your point but still, people can think whatever they want to. They might even think it's irresponsible to use a credit card at all.
I guess I missed something as unlike CatTx - I didn't see anything in the video that suggested the cashier had any thoughts either way and it doesn't change the fact the women girls whatever need to be in anger management.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:38 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,861,332 times
Every time I see one of these videos of a mall outburst it usually involves people of color...don't understand.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:07 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,434,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Every time I see one of these videos of a mall outburst it usually involves people of color...don't understand.
Some of the explanations are:

1. No good parenting, their mothers act the same way.
2. They are from single parent homes, never met or know who their fathers are.
3. The society owes them, they are the "victims" after all.
4 That's the message they see and hear in music and movies they watch.
5. They know there won't be any consequences.
6. If you call the police, BLM and democrats will accuse cops of racial profiling and picking on "good youths".

Old 01-26-2019, 07:59 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,898,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
few have the backbone to own or even acknowledge these dog whistles, don't expect any honor

Old 01-26-2019, 09:58 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,172,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Well said. Anyone with any common sense knew exactly what you meant if you axe me.
Why on Earth would I attack you with a long-handled forestry tool?

Old 01-26-2019, 11:20 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,283,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
It's not the credit card, it's the bad behavior. Houston malls and businesses have been getting a reputation for being unsafe places to shop because of general bad behavior, car break-ins and sex trafficking. People who don't have to shop there won't. Other places that have generally been considered safe are seeing more crime. IMO, it's because the criminals consider it less confrontational.
As my daughter would say, "not for nothing" but it is not just Houston malls that are experiencing this type of erratic behavior and unsafe environments it is almost (and unfortunately) common place "these days".

A friend of mine from Chicago mentioned these two incidents to me recently, unbelievable. When we were kids we would go to the mall for a day to be out and about and never once did we need to worry about this type of violence and crazy behavior. I have no clue what any of this behavior is attributed to, none whatsoever.

The world has gone completely MAD! Is there something in the drinking water, is it the opiod/drug crisis???? I have no clue!

Extra security at North Riverside mall after social media ...

NORTH RIVERSIDE, Ill. — A suburban mall increased security measures after social media threats. People under the age of 17 are not being allowed inside North Riverside Park Mall without parental...

https://wgntv.com/2019/01/02/extra-s...orth-riverside...

And another incident a couple of weeks or so later, it certainly doesn't inspire me to want to be in any public venues whatsoever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/2641486002/

Old 01-26-2019, 11:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,727,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
These types of incidents irk the heck out of me. One tries not to judge people and then you keep seeing videos like this. People get respect when they give respect.

Me too. I realize there are some people who are treated unfairly because of race or nationality, but it is low life's like these who cause people to paint all of them with the same brush. I feel sorry for all the decent, hard working blacks who will suffer because of what these jerks did.

Hope they arrested them.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:52 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,308,069 times
It's possible these girls have gotten everything free their whole lives. I wonder if they've ever worked at a job for money. I still think they should learn how to cook and prepare their own food at home, which I mentioned earlier and someone objected to. But they shouldn't be eating out if they have problems with their credit cards. It's not that hard to make a sandwich and take it with you to the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events