U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Status: "POTUS Trump promises - not hot air" (set 16 days ago)
 
Location: New York Area
14,420 posts, read 5,696,113 times
Reputation: 11472

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Nathaniel Hendren claimed the game they were playing was Reverse Russian Roulette. Crazy. Reverse means another person points the pistol at you and pulls the trigger, as opposed to you putting the pistol to your temple and pulling the trigger. I had never heard of this before, but that's the s-t-o-r-y.
That is how later rounds in the Deer Hunter were played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2019, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,260 posts, read 343,283 times
Reputation: 3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Nathaniel Hendren claimed the game they were playing was Reverse Russian Roulette. Crazy. Reverse means another person points the pistol at you and pulls the trigger, as opposed to you putting the pistol to your temple and pulling the trigger. I had never heard of this before, but that's the s-t-o-r-y.
I've never heard of that before either, but wouldn't you spin the chamber before each shot? It's really impossible to for me to believe any version of the game would just be taking turns waiting to see who would get shot first. But whatever the case this turd deserves some serious jail time, and it doesn't look like that will happen unless the da pulls his head out of his a$$ and changes his charge to something appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2019, 03:52 PM
 
1,245 posts, read 632,771 times
Reputation: 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I've never heard of that before either, but wouldn't you spin the chamber before each shot? It's really impossible to for me to believe any version of the game would just be taking turns waiting to see who would get shot first. But whatever the case this turd deserves some serious jail time, and it doesn't look like that will happen unless the da pulls his head out of his a$$ and changes his charge to something appropriate.
Yeah....normally it would be pull the trigger and then spin the cylinder before each consecutive attempt. I guess they felt it was more "badass" and a test of who was braver to do it this way. Guess they didn't realize it's really a test of stupidity which they both passed with flying colors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2019, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,260 posts, read 343,283 times
Reputation: 3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Yeah....normally it would be pull the trigger and then spin the cylinder before each consecutive attempt. I guess they felt it was more "badass" and a test of who was braver to do it this way. Guess they didn't realize it's really a test of stupidity which they both passed with flying colors.
I still don't believe it went down that way, who would be so stupid to play this game if they didn't have a death wish? I know there are a lot of stupid cops out there, but this is bordering on retardation - and no, drinking doesn't explain this level of stupid.

Last edited by duke944; 02-17-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2019, 01:48 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
75,436 posts, read 67,251,776 times
Reputation: 72492
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I still don't believe it went down that way, who would be so stupid to play this game if they didn't have a death wish? I know there are a lot of stupid cops out there, but this is bordering on retardation - and no, drinking doesn't explain this level of stupid.
Well, one of the three seemed to recognize it was incredibly stupid and dangerous, especially the combination of alcohol and gun play, so he walked out of the room. So one guy had at least half a brain. One's dead now, so the only chance we have of getting an explanation is the guy left standing in the room after the "bang", and he seems to be just making up stories.

I'm still wondering what the husband of the deceased officer is saying and thinking. Where was he, when all this went down? Was he asleep at home, and she snuck out, like a teenager tip-toeing out of the house on a weeknight? Poor guy. Not only did he find out his new wife was cheating on him, he woke up to find out she's dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2019, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,741 posts, read 1,894,067 times
Reputation: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, one of the three seemed to recognize it was incredibly stupid and dangerous, especially the combination of alcohol and gun play, so he walked out of the room. So one guy had at least half a brain. One's dead now, so the only chance we have of getting an explanation is the guy left standing in the room after the "bang", and he seems to be just making up stories.

I'm still wondering what the husband of the deceased officer is saying and thinking. Where was he, when all this went down? Was he asleep at home, and she snuck out, like a teenager tip-toeing out of the house on a weeknight? Poor guy. Not only did he find out his new wife was cheating on him, he woke up to find out she's dead.
I recall reading that her husband was on-duty, working a shift at the time of the incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2019, 02:27 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
75,436 posts, read 67,251,776 times
Reputation: 72492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
I recall reading that her husband was on-duty, working a shift at the time of the incident.
Thanks for filling in that blank. OK, so, he must be going nuts, now. How awful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2019, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,741 posts, read 1,894,067 times
Reputation: 1856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thanks for filling in that blank. OK, so, he must be going nuts, now. How awful!
You're welcome. I can't find the link though. Anyhow, yes he's having a doubly hard time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Jupiter
9,861 posts, read 5,888,864 times
Reputation: 7642
I'm not buying the Russian roulette defense.

I think the guy who shot her wanted to sleep with her, and she said no. So he gunned her down.

That's what I think really happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 04:01 PM
 
18,804 posts, read 15,667,400 times
Reputation: 35340
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm not buying the Russian roulette defense.

I think the guy who shot her wanted to sleep with her, and she said no. So he gunned her down.

That's what I think really happened.
They were already having an affair. And why would he do it in front of the other cop? And why would the other call lie for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top