U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:54 AM

6,067 posts, read 3,772,623 times

Advertisements

If they wanted to murder the woman and get away with it, this doesn't seem like a smart way to do it.

The only way it all makes sense to me is if it was late at night, they were all drinking and the guy mishandled a firearm while drunk. Remember the video of the dancing FBI agent? He accidentally fired it while drunk, hit someone and got off with probation.

Terrible tragedy for Officer Alix's family, no matter what else comes to light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:56 AM

4,247 posts, read 3,523,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
The story makes no sense. What were the 2 men doing while on duty at the shooter's apartment? Why is he saying this was a game of russian roulette? this is a game where a person pulls the trigger at one own's head, not the chest of another - that's called attempted murder. I think the most likely scenario is this female cop was killed intentionally for some reason and this is a cover up story to avoid going to jail for life. Either that, or the story is true and these are the dumbest cops who ever lived.
This!

If the powers that be (internal affairs?) do not go along with this "fishy story" then perhaps the ugly truth of the matter will be out. I hope so because regardless of the possibility of a sordid nature this woman deserves justice, regardless, jmho.

Old Today, 11:05 AM

1,072 posts, read 285,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
But why would the other cop be helping him? That doesn’t make any sense. And I’m sure they have the spent shell casings from the first two bullets. So if two shots were fired before she was killed, and she was in danger, why would she not have screamed? They were in an apartment, if she had screamed people would’ve heard it. And she certainly would’ve had time to.
Supposedly the first 2 shots fired on empty chambers, so there wouldn't be any spent casings.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

1,072 posts, read 285,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
If they wanted to murder the woman and get away with it, this doesn't seem like a smart way to do it.

The only way it all makes sense to me is if it was late at night, they were all drinking and the guy mishandled a firearm while drunk. Remember the video of the dancing FBI agent? He accidentally fired it while drunk, hit someone and got off with probation.

Maybe they were having an affair and she was dumping him, or maybe she knew about corruption of these 2 officers and threatened exposing them or something like that, and in both cases he just killed her in a fit of rage or panic? I think 2nd degree murder is the likliest scenario, because yeah, this seems far too sloppy a murder to be planned.
What really pops out to me is these 2 were on duty and it was 1:00am, so clearly they met at his apt for a reason - and that reason wasn't to play games or watch a movie.

Last edited by duke944; Today at 11:17 AM..

Old Today, 11:25 AM

74,846 posts, read 66,528,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
But this wasn't Russian roulette.

Rus·sian rou·letteDictionary result for Russian roulette
/ˈˌrəSHən ro͞oˈlet/Submit
noun
the practice of loading a bullet into one chamber of a revolver, spinning the cylinder, and then pulling the trigger while pointing the gun at one's own head.

She didn't shoot herself in the head, and they didn't spin the cylinder between each pull of the trigger. Nothing in the facts fits a game of Russian roulette, so I don't understand why it is even in the story, or why the cop is trying to claim this is what they were doing? I think the prosecutor should forget the words "Russian roulette" and charge this guy with either second or first degree murder.
Yes, good point. I noticed right off the bat, that it wasn't true Russian roulette, which is what made it fishy. Well, at least there were witnesses. That poor girl is dead; she looks like she could be a college student. So young!

Old Today, 11:28 AM

74,846 posts, read 66,528,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
OK, I understood in the story I originally read, not the linked one, that there were her and three others.

My little voice is telling me that this was a bad breakup.
Who shoots someone from a bad breakup, in front of two other people, all cops?! Bizarre story. And what cops spend their "on duty" time hanging out in an apartment?? I get that night cops are on call, but they're supposed to be on call in their cars, ready to take off when a call doesn't come through. I've seen them at night, hanging out on side streets off a Main Street through town, or in an elevated parking lot, that allows them a good view of the surrounding streets, and that kind of thing. They're not at someone's home, playing games. They have their routine spots where they spend their shifts, waiting in their cars, often--two cars buddied up.

This is going to be an interesting story, as it unfolds. I hope there are follow-up reports.

Old Today, 11:28 AM

1,645 posts, read 327,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, good point. I noticed right off the bat, that it wasn't true Russian roulette, which is what made it fishy. Well, at least there were witnesses. That poor girl is dead; she looks like she could be a college student. So young!
Maybe the Russians hacked the gun? They seem to be the bad guys in everything these days.

Old Today, 11:37 AM

32,913 posts, read 40,313,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who shoots someone from a bad breakup, in front of two other people, all cops?! Bizarre story. And what cops spend their "on duty" time hanging out in an apartment?? I get that night cops are on call, but they're supposed to be on call in their cars, ready to take off when a call doesn't come through. I've seen them at night, hanging out on side streets off a Main Street through town, or in an elevated parking lot, that allows them a good view of the surrounding streets, and that kind of thing. They're not at someone's home, playing games. They have their routine spots where they spend their shifts, waiting in their cars, often--two cars buddied up.

This is going to be an interesting story, as it unfolds. I hope there are follow-up reports.
Who? This guy and his mother.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...421816763.html

Anecdotally it's not common but not rare either.

Old Today, 11:43 AM

18,410 posts, read 15,462,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

I highly doubt they were drunk, 2 of them were on duty.

Old Today, 11:47 AM

18,410 posts, read 15,462,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Who? This guy and his mother.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...421816763.html

Anecdotally it's not common but not rare either.
That is not like this, I don't think the cop's partner is going to help him kill an ex-gf. Why on earth would he? That cop and his mom didn't even try to cover anything, they are just crazy people who drove up and took her away at gunpoint then killed her. A mom helping would be far more understandable than a cop's partner. Why would he care so much about his partner's relationship problems that he'd risk ruining his own life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or