U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

12,271 posts, read 7,850,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Cops are just as crazy as anyone else. Many drink excessively. Many like it on the edge, adrenaline junkies.

Revolver.

I read that story this morning.

Sounds like Saint Louis Roulette. That's where you point the heater at someone else.

He unloaded the revolver--the story didn't say how many rounds it held (5, 6, 7, or 8, most likely 5)--then reloaded one round and spun the cylinder.
He pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger once, nothing happened, he handed it to her she pointed it at him and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened, she handed it to him, he pointed it at her and pulled the trigger. BANG.

The story did not say anyone spun the cylinder once the games commenced. That is a 100% guarantee of a bad outcome. Or a good outcome, if you want to get rid of someone.

There was one or more ON DUTY St. Louis cops in the apartment. Probably all drunk as skunks. Maybe hankie pankie going on.

You can see the rounds in a revolver. You can see which way the cylinder rotates when the trigger is pulled.
I think it is more likely that the story was written by a journalism major. They know absolutely nothing about anything and will garble all but the simplest of stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

18,418 posts, read 15,469,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think it is more likely that the story was written by a journalism major. They know absolutely nothing about anything and will garble all but the simplest of stories.

The poster wasn't saying the story isn't accurate, what are you talking about? The story is all over the news, it's not some blog.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM

1,081 posts, read 287,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
To me that doesn't make sense because there is NO reason for the partner to risk his butt to cover for him. The Blue Shield IMO does not extend to cold blooded "I just want to kill this chick for personal reasons, will you cover for me?" The partner would be a fool to do this.

And if they were both in on it, what kind of a murder plan is it where one party KNOWS he will be arrested, career over, probable jail even if their plan works perfectly ("let's pretend we were playing roulette") will still result in his life ruined. And how would they have decided who gets to be the one to take the fall, and which one gets to walk by saying "I wasn't participating?" Why would the shooter agree to be punished for both? It makes no sense. I think 2 cops planning to murder a 3rd would try to come up with a plan where no one KNOWS they killed her, period.
Makes more sense than the story the 2 cops told. I'm just going with what is more likely, and 2 on duty cops being at their apt with this cop coming over to visit then this unflolding is just way too hard to swallow. Think about it, this game they were playing is assured that one of them will end up dead - who would play such a game in the first place?

Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM

18,418 posts, read 15,469,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Makes more sense than the story the 2 cops told. I'm just going with what is more likely, and 2 on duty cops being at their apt with this cop coming over to visit then this unflolding is just way too hard to swallow. Think about it, this game they were playing is assured that one of them will end up dead - who would play such a game in the first place?

I don't know, but people do. I just don't think it makes any sense for the partner to help if he wasn't in on it. The partner wasn't playing, he was trying to get them to stop, and when the first trigger pull happened he started walking toward the door to leave. He was in the doorway when the actual shot rang out.

I just don't think anyone would come up with a murder plan where he is guaranteed to lose his career and future even if it goes perfectly according to plan. I think most people's sense of self-preservation would lead them to try to do it without any severe life consequences.

I guess it's possible it was an accident, but why not say that? Why did they go out of their way to use the son's gun that can spin if they weren't playing the game?

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM

32,496 posts, read 9,611,644 times
"Mishandled the gun?" Wow.

This story was close to unvelievable, but I guess it's reflective of today's society. Now we have men-children masquerading as police officers. And the victim was as dumb as the cop who shot her.

We're doomed.

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM

74,866 posts, read 66,551,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And now he's lying to cover up for him though? The partner's statement is that they were playing a game and she also participated. Again I do not think if instead the cop just up and shot her, I do not think the partner would risk his own future to lie about it. And if the cop planned the game AS a murder plot, he was really bucking the odds allowing her to take a turn to shoot it at him. That doesn't make sense as part of a murder plot.
Can anyone be that stupid?! This defies belief!

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

74,866 posts, read 66,551,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
But wait; how are they going to explain to a judge, not to mention--to their own captain, why they were in their apt. while on duty? Why would the partner agree to go AWOL from the on-duty routine, to hangout playing live gun games at an apartment? None of it makes sense. I'm sure we're all hooked, now, to hear how this plays out.

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

1,081 posts, read 287,563 times
Regardless of whether the facts played out as the 2 cops said or it was something more sinister, there's no f'g way this is involuntary manslaughter - at the very least it's voluntary manslaughter. Assuming the story is true I think a good case could be made for 2nd degree murder, since the cop knew there was now a 50/50 chance he was going to kill her with the next shot.
I still want to know why the cops were at his apt while on duty at 1:00am - this is what really makes their story stink.

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

15,348 posts, read 7,277,159 times
Involuntary manslaughter.

Pointing a gun and squeezing the trigger seems pretty voluntary, but that's just me.

What a tragic and stupid embarrassment this is.

I know. I know. Just a "few bad apples".....

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,363,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
For a country of gun enthusiasts, this forum sure isn't good at seeing the obvious. In 2019 US police are armed with semi automatic hand guns NOT revolvers. Its physically impossible to spin the firing mechanism. Its either got a round in the breech, or in the magazine. Or its not loaded. Period.
You can't play Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic pistol, but you can & will play suicide with one. The "game" requires a revolver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or