Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 10:50 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Supposedly the first 2 shots fired on empty chambers, so there wouldn't be any spent casings.
Oh yeah, I forgot! But she still would have had time to scream after the first shot. They were not rapid-fire, at least I haven't heard that other apartment residents reported them as such.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:51 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That is not like this, I don't think the cop's partner is going to help him kill an ex-gf. Why on earth would he? That cop and his mom didn't even try to cover anything, they are just crazy people who drove up and took her away at gunpoint then killed her. A mom helping would be far more understandable than a cop's partner. Why would he care so much about his partner's relationship problems that he'd risk ruining his own life?
He may not have known.

"Hey, I'm meeting her at my place. We're going to talk, I really want her back".

"OK".

Then things went south.

Actually in the story I posted it was awhile until an arrest was made. Not long but a couple weeks. The son was the motivating force and it was his gun.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:52 AM

776 posts, read 955,013 times
For a country of gun enthusiasts, this forum sure isn't good at seeing the obvious. In 2019 US police are armed with semi automatic hand guns NOT revolvers. Its physically impossible to spin the firing mechanism. Its either got a round in the breech, or in the magazine. Or its not loaded. Period.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
For a country of gun enthusiasts, this forum sure isn't good at seeing the obvious. In 2019 US police are armed with semi automatic hand guns NOT revolvers. Its physically impossible to spin the firing mechanism. Its either got a round in the breech, or in the magazine. Or its not loaded. Period.
Huh? No one said it was his service weapon that I saw.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:55 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,200 times
This is beyond carelessness. An idiot that cut short someone's precious life and took away a lifetime of memories from her family and loved ones. He deserves whatever maximum penalty available. Stupid and idiotic

Old 01-26-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He may not have known.

"Hey, I'm meeting her at my place. We're going to talk, I really want her back".

"OK".

Then things went south.

Actually in the story I posted it was awhile until an arrest was made. Not long but a couple weeks. The son was the motivating force and it was his gun.
And now he's lying to cover up for him though? The partner's statement is that they were playing a game and she also participated. Again I do not think if instead the cop just up and shot her, I do not think the partner would risk his own future to lie about it. And if the cop planned the game AS a murder plot, he was really bucking the odds allowing her to take a turn to shoot it at him. That doesn't make sense as part of a murder plot.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Right, it's been noted that it belonged to the cop's son.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:15 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot! But she still would have had time to scream after the first shot. They were not rapid-fire, at least I haven't heard that other apartment residents reported them as such.
What are you talking about?! there was only one shot, the story is the first 2 trigger pulls fell on empty chambers so they were just clicks - not shots. My bet is the whole story was made up and these trigger pulls never happend, to make it look like it was a game and it was an accident.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:02 PM

9,397 posts, read 11,143,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You would think they knew better. idiots.
Cops are just as crazy as anyone else. Many drink excessively. Many like it on the edge, adrenaline junkies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleguy View Post
Revolver.

Quote:
Quote:
What are you talking about?! there was only one shot, the story is the first 2 trigger pulls fell on empty chambers so they were just clicks - not shots. My bet is the whole story was made up and these trigger pulls never happend, to make it look like it was a game and it was an accident.
I read that story this morning.

Sounds like Saint Louis Roulette. That's where you point the heater at someone else.

He unloaded the revolver--the story didn't say how many rounds it held (5, 6, 7, or 8, most likely 5)--then reloaded one round and spun the cylinder.
He pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger once, nothing happened, he handed it to her she pointed it at him and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened, she handed it to him, he pointed it at her and pulled the trigger. BANG.

The story did not say anyone spun the cylinder once the games commenced. That is a 100% guarantee of a bad outcome. Or a good outcome, if you want to get rid of someone.

There was one or more ON DUTY St. Louis cops in the apartment. Probably all drunk as skunks. Maybe hankie pankie going on.

You can see the rounds in a revolver. You can see which way the cylinder rotates when the trigger is pulled.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:

To me that doesn't make sense because there is NO reason for the partner to risk his butt to cover for him. The Blue Shield IMO does not extend to cold blooded "I just want to kill this chick for personal reasons, will you cover for me?" The partner would be a fool to do this.

And if they were both in on it, what kind of a murder plan is it where one party KNOWS he will be arrested, career over, probable jail even if their plan works perfectly ("let's pretend we were playing roulette") will still result in his life ruined. And how would they have decided who gets to be the one to take the fall, and which one gets to walk by saying "I wasn't participating?" Why would the shooter agree to be punished for both? It makes no sense. I think 2 cops planning to murder a 3rd would try to come up with a plan where no one KNOWS they killed her, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.