U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 06:27 PM

4,145 posts, read 3,720,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And this: She escaped after finally getting her cell phone back. She shouldn't even care about the damn phone after that.
Lol, you think a 13 year old girl is not going to care about her most precious organ... err... I mean phone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 05:40 PM

3,818 posts, read 1,224,275 times
Let's say the victim wants to press charges. If the victim releases the perps identities to the public, since the police won't, could that make the case backfire in anyway?

Old 02-05-2019, 05:42 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,850,221 times
What? They've already been arrested and their mug shots made public. See earlier in this thread.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:40 PM

3,818 posts, read 1,224,275 times
Oh okay, I was reading how their IDs were being kept from public knowledge cause they were minors, I missed that part.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:42 PM

4,984 posts, read 2,429,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
These kids need to be punished, but I just can't support child rape. Maybe your morals and ethics think raping children is fine and dandy, but for me? No thanks.

Also, I feel like I can't support any punishment I wouldn't be willing to dole out myself. I could never rape a child, or anyon for that matter. Could you?
It might interest yiu to know that regardless of if we support it or not, it will or will not happen regardless of what we think. Our opinion does not matter in anyway.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:11 PM

28,912 posts, read 44,241,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So here is an interesting question on mandatory reporting, CPS and the police. Is Planned Parenthood calling CPS and the police when they are performing an abortion on an obviously under-aged girl? In California, for example, no one under 18 can legally have sex; not even two minors. So in every case where a girl in CA, ages 13 to 17 is pregnant, an illegal act has occurred; it is by definition child molestation since the girl cannot consent legally. I suspect Planned Parenthood is not doing such reporting.
Mandatory reporters are only required to report suspected abuse, neglect, or self-harm; they are NOT required to call in every illegal act, particularly one as "gray" as age of consent. So without knowing the specifics on this case, I'm guessing whoever treated her didn't suspect rape/abuse at the time. I mean, if they were calling in every patient who was under 18 and sexually active, that would be the majority of their (and a good percentage of non-PP) patients - and would kind of defeat the purpose of having a safe place to obtain birth control, etc. Also, I think the HIPAA laws come into play here.

Source: I have been a mandatory reporter in a few of my jobs, and this is what we were told. If I saw a teenager using drugs, or even having sex, I was under no obligation to report that; but I did have to report a couple of situations involving abuse and (possible) self-harm.

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-06-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events