U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 07:50 AM

1,444 posts, read 370,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
In MN at one of the State Hospitals there is a unit for treatment of juvenile sex offenders. They attend a required amount of school along with their treatment. And they stay a long time. I know some of them are young so I suppose they have them ranked.

They're a ragtag bunch of kids. Many of them have been sexually abused by family members and are probably relieved to be out of the home.

I have questions about what protects them from further abuse by the older and stronger ones. Or staff, for that matter. Sounds hellish to me.

And this poor girl. When I volunteered at the elder care center we had people there who were near death who were still sobbing themselves to sleep about things like this that had happened sixty-seventy years ago.

I think all of society is a victim when even one child is abused. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Proper family planning is the only way to prevent all of this chaos and mayhem in our society...

We are ill equipped and unwilling to deal with individuals raised in torrid impoverished violent environments.

Humans will self destruct if we do not get our population under control. 7 Billion people. This is mother nature telling us to STOP. But nobody seems to listen or care. There is a lack of resources to raise QUALITY, INTELLIGENT, PRODUCTIVE AND INNOVATIVE human beings.

Not everyone can or should parents. We keep blaming the individual and failing to address the structural problems that keep precipitating these events.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 08:29 AM

8,389 posts, read 5,811,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Don't think for a minute that people don't know who they are, especially at school. Those boys have an immense amount of street cred now with many of their peers.
I don't think rape has ever given anyone street cred.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:56 AM

8,051 posts, read 3,201,841 times
What have ALL 5 of these children seen, in their lives, that came together and created this?

4 boys lure a friend/acquaintance into their home and take turns raping her, while filming it on her phone.

She has a priority of getting her phone back before exiting. I know there are those who will say she did it for the evidence - well, the evidence was on her. She did it because the phone is the nicest thing she has, and is irreplaceable likely.

She has lived such a life that after that assault, her phone was still a priority, and they've lived such a life that filming that assault wasn't a concern. Wasn't evidence against them of a very serious crime.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 AM

7,804 posts, read 2,920,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
I don’t have much hope that any “juvie” program can rehabilitate them.
Yes, although some kids can be rehabilitated, these kids cannot.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:03 AM

33,078 posts, read 40,506,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I don't think rape has ever given anyone street cred.
Not the rape so much but videoing it. You can bet they shared it.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Not the rape so much but videoing it. You can bet they shared it.
I wonder if they did, and that's how they got caught. Shared it before giving the phone back to her.

There was a sort of similar case here in Cleveland Texas a few years ago, and the way it came to light is a friend was looking at a shared video at school (where the gang rape was sent around to numerous students) and reported it to the school counselor.

The girl hadn't said a word, and didn't seem to understand the gravity of the crime against her.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-28-2019 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-28-2019, 09:27 AM

75,193 posts, read 66,911,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I wonder if they did, and that's how they got caught. Shared it before giving the phone back to her.

There was a sort of similar case here in Cleveland Texas a few years ago, and the way it came to light is a friend was looking at a shared video at school (where the gang rape was sent around to numerous students) and reported it to the school counselor.

The girl hadn't said a word, and didn't seem to understand the gravity of the crime against her.
How old was she, and how old were the perpetrators? What happened to the boys, in the end?

Old 01-28-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How old was she, and how old were the perpetrators? What happened to the boys, in the end?
It was a terrible story. She was 11, her 20 assailants (over a couple months time, not one single event) were 12-mid 20's.

And the town basically turned on her, and things were said in court that would make you say, "that can't be true". Specifically, a defense lawyer called her a spider luring the men into her web, and no one, including the sheriff disagreed.

I think all 20 have been convicted. The juveniles got a much lesser sentence. The "ring leader" is serving 99 years.

An update, last we heard from her she was 14 and pregnant.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...pe-4889262.php

Old 01-28-2019, 09:46 AM

584 posts, read 295,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That is absurd. People say it, but no one actually believes it. Even you don't, so quit saying it.
Speak for yourself only. You don't get to decide what "everyone" believes here.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:48 AM

7,364 posts, read 2,809,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the families these boy-monsters came from probably did not have fathers living with them full time, and that if they had, they would have been much less likely to engage in this type of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events