U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 11:15 AM

2,288 posts, read 862,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is the problem.

Apparently everyone knew about this girl, and no one did anything. i know back in the 70's and prior, it was just ignored when girls have fallen so completely off the rails that they're behaving this way.

When she's 30, she'll tell aghast girlfriends that when she was 11, she was having all kinds of sex and everyone knew about it, and she even told a friend's mom she had genital herpes and no one even called CPS.

Or did you call CPS? If she was treated by a doctor, they would have called.

Men who are "lured" by an 11 year old girl are predators, and that's how she got that way in the first place.
No I did not call CPS; she already had an extensive case with them, being shuttled between the heroin addicted Mother and the Grandfather, she had a social worker and the school was well aware. This was hardly a secret. I asked her if the rumor was true that she had herpes and she confirmed it was a fact. Lmao you're thinking I was some confidante she came to in tears...not hardly.

This was in a very nice middle class neighborhood so her "case" stood out as it was not the norm. Everyone knew about the family as they were anomalous in our 'hood.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 11:23 AM

193 posts, read 35,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I donít know what they do for juveniles, but since they are in custody there is no need to list their names now. I hope theyíre on the registry of sexual offenders for the rest of their lives though.
Do you realize that being on the sex offender registry makes a person MORE likely to re-offend?

Old 01-29-2019, 11:33 AM

3,314 posts, read 1,699,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
No I did not call CPS; she already had an extensive case with them, being shuttled between the heroin addicted Mother and the Grandfather, she had a social worker and the school was well aware. This was hardly a secret. I asked her if the rumor was true that she had herpes and she confirmed it was a fact. Lmao you're thinking I was some confidante she came to in tears...not hardly.

This was in a very nice middle class neighborhood so her "case" stood out as it was not the norm. Everyone knew about the family as they were anomalous in our 'hood.
Sounds like this girl was abused herself or at the very least had no family support or structure. From your attitude I am sure she NEVER thought of you as a confidante.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:35 AM

8,087 posts, read 2,020,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Do you realize that being on the sex offender registry makes a person MORE likely to re-offend?
I agree with that 100%.

There was good reason why the old practice of issuing 'scarlet letters' was stopped, I guess we didnt learn that lesson after all!

Old 01-29-2019, 11:37 AM

2,288 posts, read 862,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Sounds like this girl was abused herself or at the very least had no family support or structure. From your attitude I am sure she NEVER thought of you as a confidante.
Her rearing was indeed horrid as I stated. White trash lineage. Low intellect. Addiction and prison time being commonplace on both sides.

She "confided" (bragged) to all and sundry so no she did not single me out to share the data. Though as a victim of severe abuse via a sadistic Mother myself, I could've related to some of her experience had she viewed me as such.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:08 PM

1,204 posts, read 323,257 times
Even though the article doesn't come out and say it, the fact the cops released the names and are charging them with felonies I think we can assume they are being charged as adults. Right?

Old 01-29-2019, 01:45 PM

6,225 posts, read 3,855,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Even though the article doesn't come out and say it, the fact the cops released the names and are charging them with felonies I think we can assume they are being charged as adults. Right?
Did the police release the names and booking photos or were they leaked?

Old 01-29-2019, 01:49 PM

7,813 posts, read 2,928,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Do you have any data showing this is true? I'm just curious.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM

6,225 posts, read 3,855,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Did the police release the names and booking photos or were they leaked?
To answer my own question, the chief of police published the information on Facebook.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:07 PM

18,629 posts, read 15,575,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
On balance, that's true. Attractive young women are at MUCH MUCH greater risk for rape than other demographics.

Obviously, there are others who are also raped, including men by men and very old women.

But attractive single young women make up the bulk of victims.
That may be true for date rape I do not think thereís a correlation in stranger rape. I think thatís a crime of opportunity, I donít think they really care what the person looks like cause Its about terrorizing her not having sexual with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events