U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

21,060 posts, read 27,087,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Okay, only perfect parent in the world.

You don't have to be a perfect parent to understand that allowing three-year-olds to play outdoors without watching them or at least designating an older child to do comes with inherent risks. Many imperfect parents would't have waited an hour to call LE after the kid disappeared, either. Kind of like how you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that the natural world and cartoons are two very different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:38 AM

11,671 posts, read 6,963,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The family has been kind enough to set up a Post Office box where those who don't want to deal with Go Fund Me can send their donations. They're also aware that some people may want to send "care packages." Of course, they're stating that no one is "obligated" to send anything.

It takes far less time and effort to make a simple statement that the family would appreciate being given their privacy than it does to set up and manage Go Fund Me pages and Post Office boxes. The grandmother even posted the Post Office box # on her Go Fund Me page. How thoughtful of her.

I laughed when I got to the PO Box portion of their Go Fund Me page. Like really?

"We didn't want to set this up... We were basically forced into it... OH! And here is where you can send us packages!"

I wonder how many teddy bears will be sent to the PO box... I'm gonna need an update on how many bears this child owns a month from now.

Old Today, 02:51 AM

42,683 posts, read 50,896,881 times
Quote:
Okay, only perfect parent in the world.
You know, I may have done a lot of dumb things while raising my kids (and I'll admit I make mistakes), but letting them wander off into the woods bc they are playing unsupervised...no.

Old Today, 08:14 AM

11,132 posts, read 4,490,429 times
Quote:
It does not take long for a child to wander off and it happens to even the best parents. My mom watched me but one day I decided to venture out of the driveway in my tricycle and down the block, and my brother and his friends had to go find me and bring me back. I was out on my tricycle every day in the driveway and just this one day decided to wander off. It happens.
If you decided to venture off the driveway and down the block on your tricycle, and your brother had to go find you, obviously your mother wasn't watching you

Old Today, 01:24 PM

13,911 posts, read 11,049,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If you decided to venture off the driveway and down the block on your tricycle, and your brother had to go find you, obviously your mother wasn't watching you
I always grabbed my gun and dog before I wandered off - forget the tricycle. That way my parents knew where I was located; safe in the deep woods with the bear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or