U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:40 AM

3,484 posts, read 650,025 times

Advertisements

Angels can come in many forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:49 AM

11,109 posts, read 4,464,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Bears get a bad rap. They're not all about killin' and violence. They just do their bear thing, until people come along and mess with them.

Wouldn't surprise me if Momma Bear helped out Jr.
Bears make great mothers, sometimes better than some people do. I wouldn't be shocked if a bear with a high maternal instinct helped him.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

21,005 posts, read 27,051,038 times
Oh please. On the off-chance that a bear was even awake, real life doesn't work like a Disney movie.

https://www.ncwildlife.org/Learning/...ar-Hibernation

Old Today, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
His rescuers heard the story too so maybe there was an animal there. It could have been a dog.
Most likely it was a hallucination.

Old Today, 11:16 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,217,908 times
Saw that on the news last night. One of the cops said, "We've heard about things like this happening before." (Not a verbatim quote.) about the bear thing. I'd be more likely to believe it was a large stray dog or a dream. So glad they found the boy though!

Old Today, 11:16 AM

1,900 posts, read 687,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I wonder. Would Bigfoot look like a bear to a 3-year-old? Very odd story.
Bigfoot is as baseless as the conjurings of a traumatized toddler's imagination.

Old Today, 11:17 AM

11,109 posts, read 4,464,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Most likely it was a hallucination.
Or a big foot, LOL

Old Today, 11:20 AM

1,087 posts, read 459,298 times
I think it could be true. Have you ever noticed how animals just seem to instinctively protect babies? It is something about their features (just like we are attracted to baby cats / dogs / rabbits) that makes them more disposed to protect them.

Old Today, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I think it could be true. Have you ever noticed how animals just seem to instinctively protect babies? It is something about their features (just like we are attracted to baby cats / dogs / rabbits) that makes them more disposed to protect them.
LOL. Only on City Data.

Any self-respecting bear is going to be cozy in its den this time of year instead of auditioning for a Disney movie.

I've lived around bears all my life and this just isn't what happens.

Old Today, 11:35 AM

6,718 posts, read 3,736,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Any self-respecting bear is going to be cozy in its den this time of year instead of auditioning for a Disney movie.
Maybe the kid found a bear den and crawled in? The bear would probably be too sleepy to care, and the protection from the weather afforded by the den would help keep the kid from freezing to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or