U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

8,326 posts, read 5,754,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
A GoFundMe... for what exactly? Is this family in need of money because of this?
How stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

18,445 posts, read 15,483,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
A GoFundMe... for what exactly? Is this family in need of money because of this?
How stupid.

The grandmother wrote on the page that the family didn't want a page, but so many people asked them to set one up that she did. She then goes on to say it will not be used for personal gain. Guessing they will end up donating to rescuers or to buy them all pizza. It's only $375.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

8,536 posts, read 4,159,981 times
The child's favorite story is about a bear saving a child. Probably his imagination at work. Rescuers did NOT see bear tracks.

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

929 posts, read 442,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
How stupid.
I agree. GoFundMe is so out of control.

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

21,044 posts, read 27,067,008 times
They could have simply kept turning down the requests to start a fundraiser.

Sad that such neglectful parenting is being rewarded.

Maybe Disney will buy the rights to their story and further perpetuate the conception of wild animals as acting in ways designed only to fulfill silly human fantasies.

Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM

6,114 posts, read 3,786,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The false equivalency of animals being as they're portrayed by cartoons often ends badly for the animals in question. The same people who believe some cute little mother bear protected the boy are the same kind of people who leave food out for the cute little living teddy bears and sign their death warrants by doing so.
Then itís a good thing youíll be able to change that by railing repeatedly on the same topic on C-D! Iím sure the Sierra Club is typing up a commendation for you even as we speak.

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Then it’s a good thing you’ll be able to change that by railing repeatedly on the same topic on C-D! I’m sure the Sierra Club is typing up a commendation for you even as we speak.
Someone made a statement and I responded. That's what this forum is for. Sorry if the truth flies in the face of your animal fantasy.

Eta some people can learn, you know. Three black bears were killed here last year because of people fed the cute little cubs and they grew up to be not-so-cute nuisance bears. No one fed the new crop of cubs this year.

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

6,114 posts, read 3,786,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Someone made a statement and I responded. That's what this forum is for. Sorry if the truth flies in the face of your animal fantasy.
I donít have an animal fantasy. Thatís how crazy this has gotten: Youíre seeing bear huggers behind every bush.

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
What? Yogi bear and Boo boo aren't representative of bear behavior?

I saw the movie about Timothy Treadwell. I could not believe his arrogance and stupidity.

On a side note: Have you seen the videos of Ocean Ramsey swimming with Great White sharks and Tiger sharks? She's going to be a snack one day.

Ocean Ramsey – Gallery
Thank Heaven I missed the shark foolishness. I don't watch much TV or videos. Is Ocean Ramsey related to that idiot who got himself killed by alligators?

It's a shame Timmy Treadwell got his girlfriend killed with his stupidity.

Last edited by Metlakatla; Yesterday at 02:38 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM

1,027 posts, read 749,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The child's favorite story is about a bear saving a child. Probably his imagination at work. Rescuers did NOT see bear tracks.
Maybe it provided him with the bare necessities.

The simple, bare necessities.

Old Mother Nature's recipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or