U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:50 PM

9,793 posts, read 13,700,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
That guy appeared to be trying to jump across the casket to the other side of the plot as they were still lowering it. What an idiot. The woman’s screaming hysterics are bizarre.
Sounds like a kid to me, maybe the womans kid? At any rate sounds like a traumatizing event for someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 10:43 PM

389 posts, read 100,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
That guy appeared to be trying to jump across the casket to the other side of the plot as they were still lowering it. What an idiot. The woman’s screaming hysterics are bizarre.
Nope, view it again. The guy was one of the people lowering it, but because he was standing on loosely piled dirt, his footing gave way and he started to fall into the grave - he tried a last-second jump to prevent falling in, but was not successful. There were two root causes: piling the dirt up next to the grave, and not having enough and long enough ropes such that the casket could be lowered properly; with enough rope, the guys standing in the grave would not have been needed, and the guys lowering it could have stayed back from the edge. Sometimes you can get away with bad planning, this wasn't one of those times.

My Mom's brother and a brother-in-law dug the graves by hand for at least one of my grandparents, and that was in the 1960's in Utah. He was a Marine Corps Engineer on either Iwo Jima or Okinawa (I can't remember which, but he was probably on both). I heard some pretty terrifying ways they cleared the island caves of the enemy during the fighting over a bottle of Johnny Walker Black one afternoon 35 years ago. He went back into the Corps and served in Korea, I think he ended up a Captain, and after the war became a chief mining Engineer for Utah Power and Light. Remarkable guy, I think of him often. I remember that the last new car he purchased was a Honda Ridgeline; I thought at the time that choice was partially a way to make peace with the past. On the other hand, maybe he just thought it was cool, who knows.

Old Today, 02:21 PM

189 posts, read 33,901 times
When William the Conqueror died in 1087, the funeral followed several days later. There wasn't much (or, anything at all) in the way of preservation practiced, and the king's abundant corpse could not fit into the coffin. Attempts to make it fit resulted in it bursting (having spent several days fermenting in the heat of the French summer) and the stench was sufficient that what remained of the service was expedited to spare the olfactory sensibilities of the attendees.

Old Today, 02:24 PM

7,317 posts, read 13,000,439 times
I hate it when the corpse falls out of the casket.

Old Today, 02:45 PM

10,074 posts, read 5,526,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
The moron didn't fall on the coffin carrying it.

He tried to jump across the grave while the coffin was being lowered and the dumba$$ fell on top of the coffin causing the body to fall out.

He should be fined or something for such an inconsiderate, rude, thoughtless move. It would have taken less than two seconds to walk around the grave.
Exactly who would you suggest should be applying the fine? And on what grounds?

What a bizarre thought.

Old Today, 09:48 PM

4,203 posts, read 3,087,601 times
If you get cremated and someone knocks over the urn all you have to do is scoop up the ashes.

Old Today, 10:42 PM

3,120 posts, read 1,136,183 times
That is probably going to total the rental casket. Scuffed up pretty bad, can't even buff it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events