U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
28,866 posts, read 44,205,655 times
Reputation: 19965

Advertisements

And for the record (also in response to a rep comment), I 100% agree that airline seats are too small these days. Iím not that big, like a womenís size 14/16 and 5í5Ē with long legs; and I am positively squished in coach seats, to the point where my knees and back suffer for days after a long flight. Iíd happily pay slightly higher fares for more width AND leg-room in coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
 
6,096 posts, read 1,468,867 times
Reputation: 3320
This whole fat shaming terminology has to stop. What if the person was big, 6'5 and had wide shoulders. If someone says something is that tall shaming?


And spying on other peoples texts is wrong. It is not of her business what the other person is texting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
 
Location: A place that's too cold
4,233 posts, read 4,202,822 times
Reputation: 10453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This whole fat shaming terminology has to stop. What if the person was big, 6'5 and had wide shoulders. If someone says something is that tall shaming?


And spying on other peoples texts is wrong. It is not of her business what the other person is texting.
Agreed. The word "shaming" is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm not suggesting it is ok to make fun of someone, or to be rude to someone, but the whole "thought and speech policing" has gone too far. In the case of "fat shaming," it's like society is supposed to accept fatter and fatter as perfectly ok, until we just all kill ourselves from obesity-related health issues.

Maybe we should call out people for "addiction shaming" or "lazy shaming." How dare anyone have an opinion that something is not healthy and good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
 
6,096 posts, read 1,468,867 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Agreed. The word "shaming" is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I'm not suggesting it is ok to make fun of someone, or to be rude to someone, but the whole "thought and speech policing" has gone too far. In the case of "fat shaming," it's like society is supposed to accept fatter and fatter as perfectly ok, until we just all kill ourselves from obesity-related health issues.

Maybe we should call out people for "addiction shaming" or "lazy shaming." How dare anyone have an opinion that something is not healthy and good?

And this woman was only aware of what this person thought because she was nosy. There has to be some sort of physiological issues for her if she feels the need spy on a complete stranger this way. And then confronting them after that. What ever happened to mind your own business?


And soon there will be a whole Pandora's box open when the technology exists where someones thoughts can be read. Apparently we are there its just not available on a wide scale yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM
 
9,704 posts, read 11,596,925 times
Reputation: 13082
Why not jump on the treadmill instead of jumping on social media?.......guy sent a private text, she shouldn't have been snooping!

If the guy announced to the whole plane that "fatty is hanging over her seat" that would be fat shaming.

Now some liberal talk show host will have her on the show, get her a trainer and a chef so she can feel better about herself and maybe get a Jenny Craig sponsorship all because she ate too much and was outraged over someone else's text. Wahhhhhhhhhh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Texas
7,706 posts, read 2,888,564 times
Reputation: 16497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
And this woman was only aware of what this person thought because she was nosy. There has to be some sort of physiological issues for her if she feels the need spy on a complete stranger this way. And then confronting them after that. What ever happened to mind your own business?.
She wanted attention from him and that's very clear from everything she stated. She even made it clear that he continually ignored her and wouldn't speak to her. And she doesn't understand that it's his prerogative to ignore her and she still thinks he owes her something. He doesn't. He owes her nothing. She needs to move on with her life and clearly, she hasn't. It is sad when people try to force others to accept them and find them appealing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
8,374 posts, read 5,790,028 times
Reputation: 10505
Wait... There was an outpouring of support for THIS??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM
 
519 posts, read 837,532 times
Reputation: 754
Most likely none of this ever happened. Just another lame yahoomom fictional "open letter".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
 
27,547 posts, read 38,897,806 times
Reputation: 35678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Wait... There was an outpouring of support for THIS??
Define THIS. Which side are taking your anger out on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM
 
27,547 posts, read 38,897,806 times
Reputation: 35678
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Most likely none of this ever happened. Just another lame yahoomom fictional "open letter".
My first thought when I saw the picture. That one is vying for attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top