U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 08:11 AM

33,598 posts, read 30,945,181 times

Advertisements

One of the worst things of being out in public is having the misfortune of sharing close space with obese or stinky people. I got the trifecta one flight as I was the window seat next to a probably 400 lber that reeked of BO and cigs on top of me being smashed up against the window. Worst 3 hours ever in a plane I've ever experienced.

Hopefully the woman in the article will do herself a favor and lose some weight, maybe live longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 08:46 AM
miu

16,903 posts, read 33,991,266 times
Being a mother is no excuse for being FAT. And she needs to lose some weight, for the sake of her children and not developing diabetes. Insulin isn't cheap. And I hope that her kids aren't fatties either, but fat runs in families because of bad eating habits and a lack of physical exercise.

He wasn't the jerk. She was a jerk after the flight. Even my husband who is a big guy, said that he knows that no one enjoys sitting next to him on an airplane. Unfortunately, he can't afford a business class ticket, but fortunately he doesn't have to fly very often.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:47 AM

948 posts, read 970,828 times
I wonder if people would support her had she posted about how she was within her rights to eat food from the neighboring table at a restaurant. In my mind that's pretty much the equivalent of being larger than the seat you purchased and taking room from the passenger beside you.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:58 AM

2,143 posts, read 1,547,240 times
I don't feel sorry for her at all. She shouldn't have been all up in his text messages...

Old 02-06-2019, 10:27 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,699,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Haha, not even close... we literally text each other poop/fart jokes and emojis, which most Aunties probably wouldn’t indulge. But there’s a difference between humor and cruelty, and thankfully my nephew has been raised well. He is too nice to use humor at someone else’s expense.
Well bless his heart!

Old 02-06-2019, 11:20 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,702,836 times
The whole thing happened, because she is a very nosy person, sneaking a look at and reading another passengers private mail on his phone, is not acceptable in polite society.

She is the one in the wrong, as she is one of those nosy people that go around sticking their nose in other peoples private business, and reading what they have on their cell phone is about as low as you can go. That alone is much less acceptable in polite society, than the man sending a note to a friend she was fat. Anyone that reads someone else's cell phone messages, is about as low as you can go. That is the type of person that peeks out through her blinds to see what she can complain about. Kind of like a woman in St George Utah I knew, who had her husband buy her a motor scooter so she could get all over this big housing track twice a day, to find things to complain about to the HOA.

Wouldn't you hate for her to live next door to you, always looking to see what you are doing, and complaining about it.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:05 PM

7,414 posts, read 2,820,914 times
'I'm only sorry I couldn't take up more space'

No worries ma'am. Just give it a few years and I'm sure you'll be able to.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:40 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,494,324 times
All those who write that she is not fat.... She IS fat! She is probably twice her ideal weight....
Than again, I see so freaking many fat people... It is disgusting. And they all keep drinking pop and eating fatty food brought to them in the drive thru...
I am not saying she, or other fat people are bad people. But don't deny what just is there for every one to see.

I am 6'2' 59 years and weigh 193. And never sport.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:13 PM

4,033 posts, read 4,018,591 times
Who wants to sit next to a fat person on an airplane? I wouldn't want someone oozing into my seat either.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 PM

28,928 posts, read 44,267,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
All those who write that she is not fat.... She IS fat! She is probably twice her ideal weight....
There is no way she’s TWICE her ideal weight... unless you think a woman of her age/build should weigh like 100 lbs, since I really don’t think (based on the one photo) she’s over 200.

Quote:
Than again, I see so freaking many fat people... It is disgusting. And they all keep drinking pop and eating fatty food brought to them in the drive thru...
I am not saying she, or other fat people are bad people. But don't deny what just is there for every one to see.
If you recognize they aren't (necessarily) bad people, maybe you shouldn't be using hurtful words like "disgusting" to describe them? Just imagine if I said the same about a particular race - like "I know they aren't bad people, but man are they DISGUSTING!" I'd catch hell for that, and it would be justified. But fat people are fair game, I guess?

And please don't respond that it's a choice to be fat, because even if that were true (which is debatable), it still doesn't excuse being so rude towards them. Also, it's just an analogy.

Quote:
I am 6'2' 59 years and weigh 193. And never sport.
By “never sport,” do you mean that you never exercise? If so, consider yourself lucky to be naturally blessed with a healthy metabolism and weight. Some of us aren’t that lucky, and have to watch EVERY calorie we consume vs expend just to stay within the normal range. I eat normally, perhaps even less than average, and at the very least go for a 30-60 minute walk (with my dog) every night; and yet I am still a good 30 lbs overweight. I used to be even heavier, and it took a year of hardcore diet & exercise just to get down from “obese” to “overweight.” We are all made differently, in case you haven’t learned that in your 59 years.

Last edited by gizmo980; 02-06-2019 at 08:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events