Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:29 PM

596 posts, read 729,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just never ends. Yet another another incident with obese people and airplanes, and posting story on social media.

What did people ever do in the days without social media.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-...vAPE_5GiyZrj1k
I think it was both ridiculous and pointless for her to write the open letter to him because he clearly doesn't care and considering he told her on the plane that he didn't think he was wrong, he's clearly not the type to even do any introspection regarding his behavior. More importantly, she shouldn't allow some random childish jerk's opinion of her affect her so deeply. However, I certainly can understand her being pissed because some people act like they can't stand the idea that anyone who's even remotely overweight has the audacity to walk around breathing the same air that they do, let alone sit beside them. Your comment: "Yet another another incident with obese people and airplanes..." is complete nonsense in this situation. This woman is not obese, and she certainly doesn't look like she'd be spilling over into the next person's seat. Is there even any mention of her taking up any room in his seat? I didn't see any, just that he saw her boarding, called her a "2 ton woman" (talk about idiotic hyperbole), and said the situation was not good. He made his judgment about her before she had even reached her seat. There's a big difference between someone who's obese to the point that they are literally spilling over into your seat and infringing upon your personal space, and someone who happens to be larger than your personal preference so you've decided they're unworthy of merely being in your presence. Some of you people seriously need to get over yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 01:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This woman really DOES NOT get the point. Her whole argument, that she doesn't exist to please him, would be very appropriate if he were commenting on her being in a grocery line in front of him, or a fellow diner at a different table. That would be an acceptable defense.

But not WHEN SHE'S TAKING UP PART OF HIS SEAT on a flight! And then to go on to comment she wishes she could have taken up even more of his seat?

How can she be so obtuse?
I don't think it was about her "taking part of his seat." She's not really all that big, and he started text-whining to his bro before she even sat down, before he even knew she'd be seated next to him.

She was way too defensive but probably still full of post-partum hormones so whatever.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:53 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A message sent by private text to someone not even on the plane is not "shaming" someone. How was she shamed? He didn't bellow, "Pay for a second seat, Tubbo!" to the whole plane, or even get a flight attendant involved. He made a silent comment via what he assumed was a private medium.

Anyway, what she achieved, was announcing to the world via her page, that a fellow passenger thought she was fat. She's shaming herself, at this point.

Not very bright.
She's an idiot, looking for her 3 seconds of fame.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:53 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Mom calls out man who fat-shamed her on flight: 'I'm only sorry I couldn't take up more space'

HAHA!

LOL big momma,

Old 02-02-2019, 01:59 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post

I'm tired of the word 'shaming'.
I'm tired of passive-aggressive open letters posted online to garner sympathy in a conflict that wasn't meant to happen and should have been over a long time ago.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:51 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Who cares that she's a mom?
The whole "sacred mom" thing...don't get it. My sister does it and it drives me nuts. She's the same self-absorbed woman she was before she duplicated. Since when did producing viable offspring raise any female to one-step-lower-than-the-angels status???

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-02-2019 at 03:07 PM..

Old 02-02-2019, 02:58 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
The whole "sacred mom" thing...don't get it. My sister does it and it drives me nuts. Since when did producing viable offspring raise any any primate to one-step-lower-than-the-angels status???
Yes, there are lots of terrible mothers out there, so not sure why motherhood should put a woman in any different light.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
The whole "sacred mom" thing...don't get it. My sister does it and it drives me nuts. Since when did producing viable offspring raise any any primate to one-step-lower-than-the-angels status???
In this case, she is a very new mom and was saying that plays a role in any excess weight she's carrying. She was probably also sleep deprived and hormonal. Yeah, it was bad judgement on her part to have a hissy about it and put it on the internet, but that doesn't make her a terrible person.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:07 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,260 times
Gawd. Another attention ***** using the "mother" card. She's as obnoxious as the perpetrator of her victimization.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:13 PM

723 posts, read 570,381 times
Every airline seat should be equipped with one of these: CREATE-A-SPACE

They'd be even better if they were shoulder height. Problems solved. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events