U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

2,996 posts, read 1,284,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabound1 View Post
You and me both.

Remember those “baby on board” bumper stickers? Every time I saw one I had to resist the urge to rear end the obnoxious offender.
Yes, I remember (finger in throat)---really obnoxious. As if----well, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

501 posts, read 51,897 times
another boo-hoo moment for attention.

Oh the humanity some stranger texted she was fat on a plane to another stranger.

Her world is coming to an end. Stop the presses, news flash lady, that's life!.

Only thing this "calling out" crap is doing is validating this strangers opinion.

Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM

7,640 posts, read 2,874,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
another boo-hoo moment for attention.

Oh the humanity some stranger texted she was fat on a plane to another stranger.

Her world is coming to an end. Stop the presses, news flash lady, that's life!.

Only thing this "calling out" crap is doing is validating this strangers opinion.
I know women like her and she wants attention and probably thinks this man should be sending her a dozen roses to apologize. It won't happen though.

He wisely ignored her and stayed away from her every chance he got, on the plane and after walking off the plane. That made her even more upset. She followed/stalked him off the plane hoping to create more drama. She thinks he owes her something. He doesn't.

She should never have been reading his private text messages. She stalked him and invaded his space and privacy from beginning to end.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

669 posts, read 409,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
In this case, the guy simply did not want to sit next to the woman. He probably dislikes all large women, and he has no self control about saying what he thinks. He does not care if he hurts feelings. He wants to sit next to a pretty young thing, if possible.

Jump to many conclusions?

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

2,629 posts, read 1,691,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I'm tired of the word 'shaming'. She had said her piece to him, but she had a chip on her shoulder and wanted to fight.
Yea, a potato chip!

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

5,281 posts, read 2,049,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
He wisely ignored her and stayed away from her every chance he got, on the plane and after walking off the plane. That made her even more upset. She followed/stalked him off the plane hoping to create more drama. She thinks he owes her something. He doesn't.
Nothing tends to enrage a self-righteous bullying sort of person more than to be ignored. They thrive on getting your goat.

Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM

6,375 posts, read 1,951,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The scary truth is that he could have been kicked off the flight if she had chosen to complain about his text message and him moving seats away from her. Even though he did and said nothing to her.
Isn't that awfully far-fetched?

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

28,823 posts, read 44,192,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
She must have missed that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Yea, a potato chip!
Really? I assume you are both adults, so try learning to behave like one.

I swear, even my 9 year-old nephew would call you guys immature and mean.

Last edited by gizmo980; Yesterday at 05:22 PM..

Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM

28,823 posts, read 44,192,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Had a chip on her shoulder? I don't blame her a bit. I would too if were overweight and someone called me a "two ton". Namecalling and mockery serves NO productive purpose, certainly not beyond what polite civilized respectful conduct can already accomplish.
Apparently a few people on this board need to learn that lesson... you can tell who was a bully in school, and clearly never grew out of it.

Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

7,640 posts, read 2,874,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Isn't that awfully far-fetched?
He said and did nothing, those are facts taken from the article I read. As for him possibly getting kicked off the flight, that could happen and that is conjecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events