U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 05:28 PM

8,489 posts, read 7,781,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I personally know two married lesbian atheists who abused and beat their children. CPS was involved for a couple of years before it finally removed them, already scarred for life, and sadly, sent them to live with a lesbian aunt who was obviously and proudly gender confused.

The point I'm making is that it isn't just the Christians. The MSM would like us to believe that.
These people were monsters hiding behind Christianity. This had nothing to do with Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 05:56 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,991,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil that takes religion.

~Steven Weinberg.

How so very true. Religion poisons all.
Oh, I don't know ... I think bad people poison religion & that makes for good ratings.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:46 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,540,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oh, I don't know ... I think bad people poison religion & that makes for good ratings.
Do you think this is only a new story because of ratings?

Old 02-05-2019, 06:49 PM

1,419 posts, read 829,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I was raised in a religious fundamentalist background, and memorization was a big thing with these people. We had to memorize all the books of the New Testament and Old Testament, in order, and if we didn't, we had to stand outside the classroom while the rest of the class proceeded in Sunday School. It doesn't surprise me that at it's extreme form a child would be abused or murdered over not memorizing stuff from the Bible.

I think there's a big difference in kids having to stand outside the class because they haven't memorized the Bible and being murdered because of it, though your experience was repressive, it was not deadly.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:54 PM

8,034 posts, read 3,183,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
What a strange site that first link is;

Yeah; Christ had nothing to do with it. That family had a history of child abuse/neglect that pre-dates that 7-year-olds birth. Here's a CPS report: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/cps/...ni-828-90d.pdf
Interesting that there were cousins living in the home - presumedly biological children of the adults in the home.

I wonder if they were treated better, and not subjected to this abuse? I guess the 15 year old, now charged, is a cousin, not a brother?

Old 02-05-2019, 07:59 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,991,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Do you think this is only a new story because of ratings?
Although Ethan died in April of 2018, charges were only filed this week, so it's not necessarily "new" but this is a long-term situation.

There were 2 CPS investigations in 2016; one for neglect by the mother & one for neglect by the father. There was 1 CPS investigation in 2015 for neglect by the mother. There was 1 CPS investigation in 2014 for neglect by the mother. There was 1 CPS investigation in 2013 for abuse by the mother's boyfriend. There were 2 CPS investigations in 2012; one for neglect by the mother & one for physical abuse by an "unknown maltreater". There was 1 CPS investigation in 2011 for neglect by the mother. There was 1 CPS investigation in 2009 for neglect by the mother & father & "abuse to the unborn". There was 1 CPS investigation in 2008 for neglect by the mother. https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/cps/...ni-828-90d.pdf

And no; I do not think that this "only a new story because of ratings". I think that the media goes out of its way to insinuate that Christianity is a horrible, awful thing; by cherry-picking which stories they publish/print & highlighting any involvement of religion; thereby reframing the actual & real concerns.

What stands out to me about this story is 8 years of failures by CPS involving 10 different investigations, resulting in the death of a child & now it's all about how Christians kill kids.

WTF.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:08 PM

16,368 posts, read 3,463,418 times
well it appears that his caregivers conveniently forgot one of the Ten Commandments that says "Thou Shall Not Murder".I feel so sorry for him.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

7,721 posts, read 2,895,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I think there's a big difference in kids having to stand outside the class because they haven't memorized the Bible and being murdered because of it, though your experience was repressive, it was not deadly.
I never said it was the same thing.

Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM

5,117 posts, read 1,788,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
These people were monsters hiding behind Christianity. This had nothing to do with Christians.

Exactly. And we don't even know WHAT their affilliation was. ALL we know is that the kids were punished harshly for not memorizing verses. That's IT.

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM

20,666 posts, read 21,006,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They didn't physically use it, but the version of Christianity they believe in believes in harsh physical punishments for children who don't accurately memorize biblical passages. It's not the version I or most people believe in.
How do you know the version of Christianity they believe in. Did I miss that in the articles? It was the 15 year old who killed the 7 year old because he resented him and his siblings living with his family. He was not killed because he didnt memorize versus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or